The new Needlepoint Nook suite in the 2019 Occasions catalog is beautiful. Nothing says handmade like stitchery! It reminds me of being a young girl and learning to sew and embroider with my mother, and to needlepoint with my aunt Edna. I’ve used the Needle & Thread stamp set and Needlepoint Elements Framelits Dies (buy together and save 10%) with the Needlepoint Nook Designer Series Paper to create this sweet friend card.
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my Stampin’ Trimmer:
- Balmy Blue card stock (CS) cut to 4-1/4″ x 11″, then scored in half at 5-1/2″
- Needlepoint Nook Designer Series Paper (DSP) cut to 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Very Vanilla CS cut to 3″ x 3-1/2″
- Petal Pink CS cut to 1-7/8″ x 3/4″
- Very Vanilla CS cut to 4″ x 5-1/4″ for the inside of the card base
Stamped with the Needle & Thread stamp set:
- large flower in Flirty Flamingo onto a scrap of Very Vanilla CS
- smaller flower in Berry Burst onto a scrap of Very Vanilla CS – once full strength and again without reinking the stamp
- leaves and tiny flowers in Old Olive, Berry Burst, and Flirty Flamingo inks onto a scrap of Very Vanilla CS
- NOTE: I colored the stamp with leaves and flowers using Stampin’ Write Markers
- butterflies in Balmy Blue ink onto the top right corner of the Very Vanilla CS layer
- sentiment in Old Olive ink onto the Petal Pink CS
- three little flowers in Flirty Flamingo ink onto the Very Vanilla CS for the inside of the card
Die cut using the Needlepoint Elements Framelits:
- stamped large flower, 2 small flowers, and leaf/flower cluster
- three leaf outlines from a scrap of Old Olive CS
- stitched design cut into the Very Vanilla CS layer
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- DSP layer glued onto the front of the card base
- Very Vanilla CS layer glued onto the DSP layer
- leaves and flowers arranged and glued onto the Very Vanilla CS layer
- sentiment adhered onto the card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals
- large Very Vanilla CS glued onto the inside of the card base
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase.
Here’s the Year-End Closeout! Only 4 more days!
During the Year-End Closeout promotion, you can save on a selection of retiring and surplus items—while supplies last. Definitely place your orders sooner rather than later, because supplies are limited and the Year-End Closeout ends on January 2. After that, some of your favorite retiring items may be gone for good!
Here’s how to get your copy of the new catalogs:
Just click on this button and I’ll send you the new catalogs, along with a list of the bundles, the Designer Series Paper coordinating colors, and a handmade card!
- Become a Candy Heart!
- Join my team and you can order the new products right now, instead of having to wait another month!
- No selling required! I welcome Hobby Demos! (Hobby Demos join to get the discount for themselves.)
- CLICK HERE for the details!
Here’s more cool stuff to check out:
- Shop my online store
- Clearance Rack
- Click here for your free catalog.
- Join my team to get a discount on your stamping supplies!
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and daily blog updates.
- December Host Code 3CXZMQ2Q – receive free product!
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!