I’m Wildly Happy that it’s time for the Inking Royalty June Blog Hop! This year we’re featuring one word each month. June’s word is NEW, which is appropriate since this is the month when the new annual catalog went live. I imagine a lot of us will be using new products for our projects – I know I am!
As soon as the new catalog went live, I couldn’t wait to get the new Wildly Happy stamp set on page 101. It has some of the sweetest images in the whole catalog.
I especially love the elephants. I learned a lot about these magnificent creatures when I visited the Phuket Elephant Sanctuary in Thailand a couple years ago. One of the elephants I saw was using her trunk to pull down bamboo trees – very big bamboo trees. The pattern of Garden Lane Designer Series Paper I used for the background on this card reminds me of bamboo leaves. It looks like mommy and baby are nuzzling in a cozy bamboo forest. So sweet!
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my paper trimmer:
- Pear Pizzazz card stock (CS) cut to 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, then scored in half at 4-1/4″
- Garden Lane Designer Series Paper (DSP) layer cut to 5-1/4″ x 2-1/2″
- Perennial Essence DSP layer cut to 5-1/4″ x 1-1/2″
- Whisper White CS cut to 5-1/4″ x 4″ for the inside of the card base
Stamped with the Wildly Happy stamp set:
- elephants in Memento black ink onto a scrap of Whisper White CS
- sentiment in Pear Pizzazz ink onto a scrap of Whisper White CS
- elephants in Memento black ink onto the DSP layers, after they were glued onto the front of the card base
Cut using the Layering Circles Dies:
- a slightly larger circle from a scrap of Pear Pizzazz CS
Colored using Stampin’ Blends Markers:
- elephants in Gray Granite
- 2 pearls in Gray Granite
- 1 pearl in Mossy Meadow
- shading in Gray Granite onto the DSP layers around the elephants
Colored using a Sponge Dauber:
- edges of the Whisper White CS for the inside of the card in Gray Granite ink
Cut using Paper Snips:
- the colored elephants
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- DSP layers glued onto the front of the card base, Garden Lane at the top and Perennial Essence at the bottom (then stamped the elephants onto the layers)
- colored elephants glued over the elephants stamped onto the DSP layers
- sentiment glued onto the Pear Pizzazz die cut circle
- Pear Pizzazz die cut circle glued onto the DSP layers
- colored pearls applied onto the DSP layers and the sentiment
Here’s the hop:
Thank you for hopping along with us. I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp. There’s a lot of inspiration to be found in this group – and you don’t want to miss it! If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy <——- YOU ARE HERE
- Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp
- Robin Myren at Songbird Designs by Robin
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Robbye Hamilton at Miss Hammie’s Crafts
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Linda Krueger at The Stamp Coach
- Shawn de Oliveira at Shawn Stamps
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
Here are today’s main colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase.
Supply List <– Click here for a clickable and printable list!
Preorder the Sailing Home Online Class by June 26:
- Make 6 cards at home in your PJs!
- 2 each of 3 designs
- Features the Come Sail Away Suite on pages 144-146 of the 2019-2020 Annual Catalog
- I’ve done the trimming and scoring for you!
- You’ll receive all you need to make the cards, including the stamp set, dies, pre-cut/pre-scored/pre-embossed card kits, and 6 Whisper White envelopes.
- Full detailed instructions
- Limited spots available
Here are some helpful links:
- Shop my online store
- Clearance Rack
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and daily blog updates.
- June Host Code 9T3GKJRE – receive free product!
- Paper Pumpkin: buy a Prepaid Subscription or subscribe month to month
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
- Have you shopped from me within the past year? Join my private VIP Facebook group for exclusive project tutorials and more!
- Join my team and enjoy a 20% discount (or more) on all your purchases!
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!