Welcome to the Candy Hearts Blog Hop for November! Today we are sharing Holiday projects. I used the Stockings Dies to make a hobby horse. I remember having one of these when I was very little. It had jingle bells on it. I usually played with it outside, because inside I had my rocking horse. It was on a metal stand with springs, so it didn’t rock so much as it bounced. I would get going so fast that it would scoot across the room. After reading my post, I hope you will hop to the next person on the list below. Be sure to hop around to see ALL the great projects the Candy Hearts have created for you!
If you are reading this in email, some photos may appear blurry, or may not appear at all. Please click here to see the post on my blog.
S November 2021 Candy Hearts Blog Hop November 2021 Candy Hearts Blog Hop November 2021 Candy Hearts Blog Hop November 2021 Candy Hearts Blog Hop
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my paper trimmer:
- Garden Green card stock (CS) cut to 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, then scored in half at 4-1/4″
- Real Red CS layer cut to 5-1/4″ x 4″
- In Good Taste Designer Series Paper (DSP) cut to 1/8″ x 5″
- Basic White CS cut to 5-1/4″ x 4″ for the inside of the card base
- Note: All the other pieces of CS I used were left over scraps.
Stamped with the Classic Cloche stamp set:
- sentiment in Real Red ink onto Basic White Thick CS
Cut using the Stockings Dies:
- stocking from Soft Suede CS
- toe from Crumb Cake CS
- topper from Early Espresso CS
- holly from Garden Green CS
- bow and berries from Real Red CSx
Cut using the Tulip Builder Punch:
- leaf cut from Soft Suede CS (2 pieces) and from Crumb Cake CS (1 piece)
Cut using the Stitched Rectangle Dies:
- Garden Green CS for the mat
Cut using circle punches:
- 1/4″ circle from a scrap of Basic White Thick CS
- 1/8″ circle from a scrap of Basic Black CS
- Note: The punches I used by Stampin’ Up! are retired, but you can find punches like them almost anywhere.
Embossed using the Merry Melody 3D Embossing Folder:
- the 5-1/4″ x 4″ Real Red CS layer
- trimmed one edge from a piece of Gold 3/8″ Shimmer Ribbon using Paper Snips (I keep one pair just for ribbon)
- pulled out the long gold threads, leaving a fringe
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- Real Red CS layer glued onto the front of the card base
- Basic White CS glued onto the inside of the card base
- topper glued onto the stocking
- fringe adhered onto the back of the stocking using Tear & Tape
- Crumb Cake leaf glued offset onto the front of a Soft Suede leaf, then trimmed using Paper Snips to create the ear shape
- second Soft Suede leaf trimmed using Paper Snips to create the ear shape
- 2-color ear glued onto the front of the horse head
- second ear glued onto the back of the head
- Basic Black circle glued onto the Basic White circle
- Basic White circle glued onto the head as the eye
- Early Espresso Faux Suede ribbon cut in half lengthwise using Paper Snips
- Faux Suede ribbon strip glued onto the stocking toe piece
- toe piece glued onto the head as the nose
- one end of another Faux Suede ribbon strip glued under the first strip
- the other end of the ribbon strip adhered onto the back of the head
- holly and berries glued onto the stocking topper
- bow glued onto the head in front of the ear
- DSP strip glued onto the Real Red CS layer
- head adhered over the DSP strip using Black Stampin’ Dimensionals
- sentiment glued onto the Garden Green CS mat
- Garden Green CS mat adhered onto the Real Red CS layer using Black Stampin’ Dimensionals
Here’s the November 2021 Candy Hearts Blog Hop:
Thank you for hopping with the Candy Hearts today! Be sure to hop around to all the stops. You do not want to miss any of the creativity in this talented group of stampers!
- Candy Ford of Stamp Candy
- Lisa Graham of Lisa’s Little Ink Spot
- Joanne Whittington of The Inky Dragon
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase. If you are reading this post in email, the product images may not show up. Please click here to see the post on my blog.
Supply List. <— Click for a clickable and printable list of the products!
Here are some helpful links:
- November Host Code XCPCA4UY – receive free product!
- Shop my online store
- Shop the Clearance Rack
- Request a free catalog
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and/or daily blog updates.
- Paper Pumpkin: buy a Prepaid Subscription or subscribe month to month
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
- Have you shopped from me within the past year? Join my private VIP Facebook group for exclusive project tutorials and more!
- Join my team and enjoy a 20% discount (or more) on all your purchases! You choose $125 in products and pay only $99, and get free shipping! No obligation! No selling required!
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!