Welcome to the November 2022 ICS Blog Hop! The theme this month is “Christmas is Coming.” I used products from the Santa Express Suite Collection to create a slimline card (3-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ fits in a regular #9 or #10 envelope.) This card is all the the paper. The only stamping is the sentiments. I used the Santa Express Designer Series Paper (DSP) with Cherry Cobbler, Blushing Bride, Shaded Spruce, and Basic White card stocks to create the scene. This DSP makes cardmaking a breeze! And I love that it has Santa and Mrs. Claus in black, white, and brown versions, rather than the more traditional strictly caucasian version. I’m glad that Stampin’ Up! is working on being more inclusive.
Be sure to hop around to all the blogs to see the creative inspiration being shared today!
If you are reading this in email, some photos may appear blurry, or may not appear at all. Please click here to see the post on my blog.
S November 2022 ICS Blog Hop November 2022 ICS Blog Hop November 2022 ICS Blog Hop November 2022 ICS Blog Hop
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my paper trimmer:
- Cherry Cobbler card stock (CS) cut to 8-1/2″ x 7″, then scored in half at 3-1/2″
- Blushing Bride CS layer cut to 8-3/8″ x 3-3/8″
- Shaded Spruce CS layer cut to 8-1/4″ x 3-1/4″
- Santa Express Designer Series Paper (DSP) layer cut to 8-1/8″ x 3-1/8″
- Basic White CS cut to 8-1/4″ x 3-1/4″ for the inside of the card base
Stamped with the Santa’s Delivery stamp set:
- front sentiment in Shaded Spruce ink onto a scrap of Basic White CS, then cut apart with Paper Snips Scissors
- inside sentiment in Shaded Spruce ink onto the Basic White CS for the inside
Cut using the Santa’s Train Dies:
- one engine and two cars from Santa Express DSP
- one engine, two cars, and puffs of steam from Basic White Thick CS
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- Blushing Bride CS layer glued onto the front of the card base
- Shaded Spruce CS layer glued onto the Blushing Bride CS layer
- DSP layer glued onto the Shaded Spruce CS layer
- DSP engine and cars glued onto the Basic White Thick CS engine and cars – this is to make them stronger so they could be popped up
- front sentiment pieces glued onto the cars
- cars and engine adhered onto the DSP layer with Foam Adhesive Sheets and Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals
- three steam puffs adhered onto the DSP layer with Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Basic White CS glued onto the inside of the card base
Here’s the November 2022 ICS Blog Hop:
Click the Next button to hop to the next blog, Shirley Merker of Super Awesome Stamper.
Here are today’s main colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase. If you are reading this post in email, the product images may not show up. Please click here to see the post on my blog.
Supply List. <— Click for a clickable and printable list of the products!
Here are some helpful links:
- November Host Code NKTUKPUK – receive free product!
- Shop my online store
- Shop the Clearance Rack
- Request a free catalog
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and/or daily blog updates.
- Paper Pumpkin: buy a Prepaid Subscription or subscribe month to month
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
- Have you shopped from me within the past year? Join my private VIP Facebook group for exclusive project tutorials and more!
- Join my team and enjoy a 20% discount (or more) on all your purchases! For your starter kit, you choose $125 in products and pay only $99, and get free shipping! No obligation! No selling required!
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!