Welcome to the October 2020 APPT Blog Hop featuring alternate projects made with the Joy to the World Paper Pumpkin kit. I made a card and a little treat box that is the perfect size for one Ferrerro Rocher chocolate candy.
Be sure to hop around to all the stops to see all the great alternate projects this group has created for you today.x https://stampcandy.net/cards/october-2020-appt-blog-hop-joy-to-the-world/
If you are reading this in email, some photos may appear blurry, or may not appear at all. Please click here to see the post on my blog.
S October 2020 APPT October 2020 APPT October 2020 APPT October 2020 APPT
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my paper trimmer:
- Just Jade card stock (CS) cut to 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, then scored in half at 4-1/4″
- Cherry Cobbler CS layer cut to 5-1/4″ x 4″
- Whisper White CS layer cut to 4-3/8″ x 2-3/8″
- front of a card base from the kit cut to 4-1/8″x 2-1/8″
- Whisper White CS layer cut to 2-3/4″ x 2-3/4″
- Whisper White CS cut to 5-1/4″ x 4″ for the inside of the card base
- front of a card base cut to 2-13/16″ x 2-13/16″, and scored 3/4″ from each edge, for the box lid
- back of a card base cut to 3-3/4″ 3-3/4″, and scored 1-1/4″ from each edge, for the box
Stamped with the Joy to the World stamp set:
- wreath in Just Jade ink onto the 2-3/4″ x 2-3/4″ Whisper White CS layer
- wreath in Just Jade ink onto two corners of the Whisper White CS for the inside
Cut using Paper Snips:
- box and lid according to diagram
- the diagram is not to scale for this project, but the score and cut lines are in the same places
- click on the diagram to see it larger
Colored with Stampin’ Blends Markers:
- 3 rhinestones in Just Jade
- If you don’t have the Holiday Rhinestones, you can color 3 more clear rhinestones with a Cherry Cobbler Stampin’ Blends Marker
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- Cherry Cobbler CS layer glued onto the front of the card base
- piece cut from card front glued onto the corresponding Whisper White CS layer
- Whisper White CS layer glued onto the Cherry Cobbler CS layer
- square Whisper White CS layer glued over the other layers
- gold “peace” glued over the layers
- 3 Cherry Cobbler rhinestones applied onto the wreath using a Take Your Pick tool
- Cherry Cobbler twine from the kit tied in a bow and adhered onto the wreath using a Mini Glue Dot that I rolled up between my fingers to make it very skinny
- Whisper White CS glued onto the inside of the card base
Assembled the box:
- burnished the folds in the box and lid with a Bone Folder
- glued the four small flaps of the lid onto the inside of the adjacent side
- folded up the sides of the box – you can glue the flaps onto the inside of the adjacent side, but I like the way it flops open when I remove the lid, so I don’t glue them
- insert treat and put lid on top of box to hold it closed
- Cherry Cobbler twine wrapped around the box and tied in a bow
- 3 Just Jade rhinestones applied onto the top of the lid using a Take Your Pick tool
Here’s the October 2020 APPT Blog Hop:
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase. If you are reading this post in email, the product images may not show up. Please click here to see the post on my blog.
Supply List. <— Click for a clickable and printable list of the products!
Designer Series Paper Sale Ends Saturday!
Here are some helpful links:
- October Host Code 2CDPP2XZ – receive free product!
- Shop my online store
- Designer Series Paper Sale
- Request a free catalog
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and/or daily blog updates.
- Paper Pumpkin: buy a Prepaid Subscription or subscribe month-to-month
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
- Have you shopped from me within the past year? Join my private VIP Facebook group for exclusive project tutorials and more!
- Join my team and enjoy a 20% discount (or more) on all your purchases! You choose $125 in products and pay only $99, and get free shipping! No obligation! No selling required!
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!