When a new catalog comes out with lots of great new products, one thing I like to do is see how I can use the new stuff with the older stuff. Today’s card is an example of that. I used the Country Club Suite (from the new Spring Mini Catalog) with the On to Adventure stamp set (from the 2019-2020 Annual Catalog.) There’s a golfer image in the On to Adventure set, so it goes perfectly with the new golf themed suite. This is a perfect “congratulations on your retirement” card for someone who plans to play a lot of golf.
adventure adventure adventure adventure
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my paper trimmer:
- Night of Navy card stock (CS) cut to 4-1/4″ x 11″, then scored in half at 5-1/2″
- Poppy Parade (CS) layer cut to 2″ x 5-1/4″
- Country Club Designer Series Paper (DSP) layer cut to 2″ x 2-1/4″ (flags)
- DSP layer cut to 2″ x 3″ (balls and tees)
- Whisper White CS cut to 4″ x 5-1/4″
Stamped with the On to Adventure stamp set:
- sentiment in black Memento ink onto a scrap of Whisper White Thick CS
- golfer in black Memento ink onto a scrap of Whisper White CS
Colored using Stampin’ Blends Markers:
- golfer in Night of Navy, Poppy Parade, and Ivory
Colored using Stampin’ Write Markers:
- flag in Crushed Curry
- grass in Garden Green
- added shading to the mini golf ball die in Basic Black before die cutting
Cut using the Golf Club Dies:
- mini golf ball from a scrap of Whisper White Thick CS
- 3 golf clubs from a scrap of Crushed Curry CS
Cut using the Stitched Rectangles Dies:
Cut using the Stitched Shapes Dies:
Embossed using the Absolutely Argyle embossing folder:
- Poppy Parade CS layer
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- Poppy Parade CS layer and 2 DSP layers glued onto the front of the card base
- die cut mini golf ball glued onto the golfer image
- die cut sentiment glued onto the die cut golfer image, then both adhered onto the card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Night of Navy Twine wrapped around the card front and tied in a knot (I secured the knot in place using a Mini Glue Dot, and put a tiny line of glue on the inside of the card base under the twine, just to keep it in place.)
- die cut Crushed Curry CS golf clubs glued onto the Whisper White CS
- Whisper White CS glued onto the inside of the card base
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase.
Click “Supply List” for a clickable and printable list!
Here are some helpful links:
- Shop my online store
- Clearance Rack
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and daily blog updates.
- January Host Code HRDJTUGZ – receive free product!
- Paper Pumpkin: buy a Prepaid Subscription or subscribe month to month
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
- Have you shopped from me within the past year? Join my private VIP Facebook group for exclusive project tutorials and more!
- Join my team and enjoy a 20% discount (or more) on all your purchases! You choose $125 in products and pay only $99, and get free shipping! No obligation! No selling required! AND NOW, only during Sale-a-bration, you’ll also receive an exclusive Mini Paper Cutter a 6″ x 6″ Sampler of Designer Series Paper from the new Mini Catalog, and another stamp set of your choice.
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!