I think the gate die cut from the Detailed Gate Thinlits Dies is exquisite. I’ve used it here for a spooky Halloween card, but you can just as easily use it, or even just parts of it, for wedding, birthday, or any other lovely occasion cards. But I didn’t want this card to be all about the gate. I wanted the background to be interesting, too. So I used a card in the 2017 Holiday Catalog as inspiration, and created a graveyard scene in Basic Gray and Basic Black, with the sky in Peekaboo Peach and Elegant Eggplant. I was going for a dark cloudy sky at sunset. How did I do?
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my Stampin’ Trimmer:
- Basic Black card stock (CS) cut to 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″, then scored in half at 4-1/4″
- Elegant Eggplant CS cut to 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Peakaboo Peach CS cut to 4″ x 2-1/2″, then torn along the top 4″ side
- Basic Gray CS cut to 4″ x 2-1/2″, then cut into a curve with Paper Snips along the top 4″ side
- Wood Textures Designer Series Paper (DSP) cut to 1-1/2″ x 3/4″
- Smoky Slate CS cut to 4″ x 5-1/4″, for the inside
Stamped with the Graveyard Gate stamp set:
- 3 bats in Basic Black ink onto the top part of the Elegant Eggplant CS layer
- tombstones in Basic Gray ink onto the Peekaboo Peach CS
- NOTE: I drew a line onto the Peekaboo Peach CS piece along the curve of the Basic Gray CS piece, so I would know where to stamp the tombstones. Then the Basic Gray CS piece covered the line.
- tombstones in Basic Gray ink onto the Basic Gray CS
- sentiment in Basic Black in onto the DSP
Die cut using the Detailed Gate Thinlit dies:
- gate from Basic Black CS
- padlock from Basic Gray CS
Assembled the card:
- Basic Gray and Peekaboo Peach CS pieces glued onto the Elegant Eggplant CS layer, so that the Basic Gray CS piece lines up with the bottom of the Elegant Eggplant CS layer, and covers the bottom part of the Peekaboo Peach layer
- used Paper Snips to cut the loop of the padlock, then put it around the center gate post, and glued it to the gate
- gate glued to the top of the CS layers, then any extra trimmed from the sides
- sentiment glued onto the gate
- all layers glued onto the front of the Basic Black CS card base
- Smoky Slate CS glued to the inside of the card base
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Here are some key points to remember:
- Designer Series Paper Sale October 1-31, Buy 3 Get 1 FREE of select paper packs! See details HERE.
- Hostess Code for the month of October (HGB2HGXK)
Find out more about HOW, WHEN and WHY to use the code HERE.
- October’s FREE gift
Mini Pizza Boxes
Find out more HERE.
- New Merry Patterns Hostess Stamp Set – added to your Host Rewards.
There’s a brand new stamp set that isn’t in any catalog. You can’t buy it, but you can get if for free with a qualifying order! You can host a party, or place your own order, or join under me and get a 20% discount on your demonstrator order. Find out more HERE.
- Gumball Rewards for all orders over $50
Find out more HERE.
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!