Welcome to the OSAT 01-2020 Blog Hop! It’s the first hop of the new year, and the theme is Purses, Poppies, & Paris. We are featuring new products from the January – June 2020 Mini Catalog. I decided to focus on the Paris part of the theme, and use the Parisian Blossoms Suite to make my card and faceted box.
S OSAT 01-2020
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my paper trimmer:
- Cherry Cobbler card stock (CS) cut to 4-1/4″ x 11″, then scored in half at 5-1/2″, for the card base
- Petal Pink CS cut to 3-1/2″ x 1-1/8″, for the sentiment
- Petal Pink CS cut to 3-3/4″ x 5″, for the inside of the card
- Cherry Cobbler (CS) cut to 7-7/8″ x 11-1/4″, for the box
- scored the Cherry Cobbler CS for the box along the short side at 2-1/2″, 4-5/8″, and 7-1/8″
- rotated the Cherry Cobbler CS for the box 90 degrees so the skinny section is at the top, then scored only down to the second score line (cross one score line and stop at the second) at 2-1/2″, 5″, 7-1/2″, and 10″
- rotated the Cherry Cobbler CS 180 degrees, then scored only down to the first score line at 2-1/2″, 5″, 7-1/2″, and 10″
- used a ruler and stylus to score the diagonal lines as shown in the diagram (see below)
- Parisian Blossoms Specialty Designer Series Paper (DSP) cut to 2-1/4″ x 2-1/4″, for the top of the box
- DSP cut into 1-3/4″ strips, then cut into triangles 2″ wide (20 triangles total)
Stamped with the Parisian Beauty stamp set:
- sentiment in Cherry Cobbler ink onto the smaller piece of Petal Pink CS
- fleur-de-lys in Cherry Cobbler ink onto the larger piece of Petal Pink CS
Cut using the Parisian Dies:
- “Amour” from a scrap of Cherry Cobbler CS
- Eiffel Tower from a scrap of Cherry Cobbler CS
Cut using the 1/2″ Circle Punch:
- finger notch in the front panel of the box – I recommend doing this after the DSP triangle is glued on.
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- DSP triangles glued onto the front of the card base, cutting 3 of them in half for the edges
- die cut tower glued over the triangles
- sentiment adhered over the tower using Stampin’ Dimensionals
- 3 Champagne Rhinestone Basic Jewels applied onto the sentiment, the tower, and a DSP triangle
- larger Petal Pink CS glued onto the inside of the card base
Assembled the box:
- made all cuts in the Cherry Cobbler base using Paper Snips, cutting the two C sections about 1/2″ below the score line (refer to diagram)
- burnished all the folds in the Cherry Cobbler CS base with a Bone Folder
- 8 DSP triangles glued onto the 8 triangular sides of the box (This is easier while it’s still flat, before assembling the box.)
- DSP square glued onto the lid of the box
- die cut “Amour” glued onto the DSP square on the lid of the box
- 3 Champagne Rhinestone Basic Jewels applied onto the DSP square on the lid of the box
- small triangular section at one end glued onto the inside of the large triangle at the opposite end (A & B on diagram)
- folded all 4 bottom flaps in, one by one, gluing them together
- put goodies in the box and closed up the top
Here’s the diagram for the box:
Here’s the OSAT 01-2020 Blog Hop:
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase.
<– Click here for a clickable and printable list!
Here are some helpful links:
- Shop my online store
- Clearance Rack
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and daily blog updates.
- January Host Code HRDJTUGZ – receive free product!
- Paper Pumpkin: buy a Prepaid Subscription or subscribe month to month
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
- Have you shopped from me within the past year? Join my private VIP Facebook group for exclusive project tutorials and more!
- Join my team and enjoy a 20% discount (or more) on all your purchases! You choose $125 in products and pay only $99, and get free shipping! No obligation! No selling required! AND NOW, only during Sale-a-bration, you’ll also receive an exclusive Mini Paper Cutter a 6″ x 6″ Sampler of Designer Series Paper from the new Mini Catalog, and another stamp set of your choice.
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!