Hurray, it’s time for the One Stamp At A Time (OSAT) Blog Hop! This month’s theme is On the Red Carpet. This month we’re sharing glamorous projects (think the red carpet at the Oscars) and/or projects made using new products (as in rolling out the red carpet for the new stuff.) I decided to go a bit literal with the theme and create a project with a glamorous lady on the red carpet. The fancy lady is from the You’ve Got Style stamp set.
I created the texture for the red carpet background and for her fur coat using the suede card stock technique. It’s really simple – just burnish the paper with a Bone Folder on both sides and in all directions until the two paper layers separate. It just just take a minute or so. Each of the resulting two pieces will have a regular smooth side and a fuzzy suede-like side.
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my Stampin’ Trimmer:
- Whisper White Thick card stock (CS) cut to 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ , then scored in half at 4-1/4″
- Gold Foil Sheet layer cut to 5-1/4″ x 4″
- Real Red card stock (CS) layer cut to 5″ x 3-3/4″
- Whisper White CS layer cut to 2-1/4″ x 3-1/2″
- Very Vanilla Thick CS cut to 2-1/4″ x 3-1/2″
Created “suede” card stock pieces:
- burnished the Real Red CS layer and the Very Vanilla CS piece with a Bone Folder until the layers separated
Stamped with the You’ve Got Style stamp set:
- lady in black ink onto the Whisper White CS layer
- lady in black ink onto the “suede” Very Vanilla CS
- sentiment in black ink onto a scrap of Whisper White CS
Cut using the Everyday Label Punch:
- NOTE: The Everyday Label Punch is my free gift to you when you use the Host Code SWA494ST and place an order of at least $75 by May 31!
Colored using a Blender Pen:
- lady’s face, hands, and legs in Powder Pink ink
- lady’s Very Vanilla coat and hat in Crumb Cake ink
Colored using Stampin’ Write Markers:
- shoes, rings, and earrings in Crushed Curry
- champagne in So Saffron
Colored using a Clear Wink of Stella Pen:
- champagne, rings, and earrings (Wink of Stella doesn’t show well in photos)
Cut using Paper Snips:
- very vanilla coat and hat
Assembled the card:
- Very Vanilla coat & hat glued over the coat & hat on the Whisper White CS layer
- one end of the sentiment glued to the back of the Whisper White CS layer
- Both Whisper White CS pieces adhered to the Real Red suede CS layer using Tear & Tape
- Real Red suede CS layer adhered to the Gold Foil layer using Tear & Tape
- Gold Foil layer adhered onto the front of the card base using Tear & Tape
- 3 Gold Faceted Gems applied to the Real Red suede CS layer
Here’s the hop:
Be sure to follow it around to all the stops on the hop!
Here are all of today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase.
Here’s some stuff you should check out:
- Want to order products from the new catalog now? There are two ways.
- Retiring products available through May 31 or while supplies last. Now select retiring products are discounted!
- Swatch Books & Product Shares for 2018-2019 Annual Catalog details. Order beginning May 25!
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and daily blog updates
- My Class Calendar
- May Host Code SWA494ST
- Get my FREE Gift for May – the Everyday Label Punch, an $18 value!
- Earn Gumball Rewards for a free stamp set
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!