Welcome to the March OSAT Blog Hop! This month’s theme is Chick Ewe Out, and we’re sharing animal themed creations. I used the Special Someone stamp set and coordinating Special Day Dies to create a birthday card, gift box and tag. I already had this awesome black box that a sleep mask came in, so I decided to cover the lid with Flowering Foils Specialty Designer Series Paper to go with my card.
If you are reading this in email, the images may appear blurry, or not at all. Click here to read the post on my blog.
S Chick Ewe Out Chick Ewe Out Chick Ewe Out Chick Ewe Out
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my paper trimmer, for the card:
- Basic Black card stock (CS) cut to 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, then scored in half at 4-1/4″
- Flowering Foils Specialty Designer Series Paper (DSP) layer cut to 5″ x 3-3/4″
- Basic Black CS layer cut to 3-1/2″ x 2-1/2″
- Whisper White CS layer cut to 3″ x 2″
- Whisper White CS cut to 5-1/4″ x 4″ for the inside of the card base
Cut with my paper trimmer, for the box & tag:
- DSP cut to 6-1/2″ x 12″, to cover the box lid
- Basic Black CS cut to 2″ x 5″
- Whisper White CS cut to 1-3/4″ x 3-3/4″
Stamped with the Special Someone stamp set:
- squirrel and mouse in Tuxedo Black Memento ink onto a scrap of Whisper White Thick CS
- squirrel in Tuxedo Black Memento ink onto a piece of Post-It Tape (you can use a Post-It Note)
- 4 balloon outlines in Tuxedo Black Memento ink onto a scrap of Whisper White Thick CS
- 1 balloon outline, balloon string, and sentiment in Tuxedo Black Memento ink onto the Whisper White CS for the inside of the card base
- filled in 4 balloons on Thick CS in Petal Pink (1), Flirty Flamingo (1), and Soft Sea Foam (2) inks
- filled in balloon on CS for the inside in Flirty Flamingo ink
- 1 balloon string in Tuxedo Black Memento ink onto the 1-3/4″ wide piece of Whisper White CS for the tag
Cut using the Special Day Dies:
- squirrel, mouse, and 3 balloons on the Whisper White Thick CS scrap
Stamped balloon strings on the front of the card:
- cut squirrel face from the Post-It Tape and placed it on the face of the squirrel on the Thick CS, to mask it
- placed the squirrel on the Whisper White CS layer where I wanted it, then stamped the 3 balloon strings over it
- removed Post-It Tape
- This made it look like the squirrel is holding the 3 strings behind his head.
Cut using the Banner Triple Punch:
- one end of the two CS pieces for the tag
Colored using Stampin’ Blends Markers:
- Squirrel in Light and Dark Crumb Cake
- mouse in Bronze and Ivory
Colored DSP layer using Stampin’ Write Markers:
- rose gold flowers in Flirty Flamingo
- silver flowers in Petal Pink
- all flower centers in So Saffron
- background in Soft Sea Foam
- I had planned to color the DSP for the box lid the same way, and tie Basic Black ribbon around the box, but it was late and my creaky old hands were tired of coloring.
- NOTE: You can use Stampin’ Blends Markers in these same colors on the DSP.
Dyed the Whisper White 5/8″ Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon:
- cut 3 lengths of the ribbon long enough to tie around the box and tie in a bow
- put several drops of ink and a few tablespoons alcohol in 3 small bowls (1 Petal Pink, 1 Flirty Flamingo, and 1 Soft Sea Foam)
- put ribbon in the ink/alcohol and let sit (I let them sit overnight, but they are take in the color pretty quickly.)
- dyed ribbons laid out to dry on a piece of grid paper
- Note: I prefer to use glass bowls, because they don’t stain. The ink rinses right out with cold water.
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- DSP layer glued onto the front of the card base
- Basic Black CS layer glued onto the DSP layer
- Whisper White CS layer glued onto the Basic Black CS layer
- squirrel, mouse, and 3 balloons adhered onto the card front using Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Whisper White CS glued onto the inside of the card base
Assembled the box and tag:
- wrapped the DSP around the box lid, creasing it along all edges
- burnished the folds in the DSP with a Bone Folder
- flaps cut at all 4 corners using Paper Snips
- DSP glued onto the box lid, tucking in flaps at the corners
- ribbons tied around the box and in a bow
- Whisper White tag piece glued onto the Basic Black tag piece, lining up punched end and sides
- any extra CS trimmed from the top of the Basic Black CS tag piece
- hole punched in the top of the tag (I used an old 1/4″ circle punch.)
- remaining Soft Sea Foam die cut balloon glued onto the tag
- tag tied onto the ribbon using a piece of Whisper White Solid Baker’s Twine
Here’s the OSAT Chick Ewe Out Blog Hop:
Here are today’s main colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase. If you are reading this post in email, the product images may not show up. Click here to see the post on my blog.
Here are some helpful links:
- Shop my online store
- Sale-a-bration! – available only through March 31 or while supplies last!
- Coordination Product Release – available only through March 31 or while supplies last!
- Clearance Rack
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and daily blog updates.
- February Host Code SYG4ATBH – receive free product!
- Paper Pumpkin: buy a Prepaid Subscription or subscribe month to month
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
- Have you shopped from me within the past year? Join my private VIP Facebook group for exclusive project tutorials and more!
- Join my team and enjoy a 20% discount (or more) on all your purchases! You choose $125 in products and pay only $99, and get free shipping! No obligation! No selling required! PLUS only during Sale-a-bration, you’ll also receive an exclusive Mini Paper Cutter a 6″ x 6″ Sampler of Designer Series Paper from the new Mini Catalog, and another stamp set of your choice.
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!