Welcome to the February OSAT Blog Hop! This month’s theme is Sixteen Candles, and we’re sharing birthday themed creations. I used the Outdoor Barbecue stamp set to create a birthday card and treat box, both with punny sentiments. One of the sentiments is included in the stamp set. I created the other one using the corn image stamp and bits and pieces from other stamp sets. Puns may be corn-y, but I love ’em!
S Sixteen Candles Sixteen Candles Sixteen Candles
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my paper trimmer, for the card:
- Basic Black card stock (CS) cut to 4-1/4″ x 11″, then scored in half at 5-1/2″
- Best Dressed Designer Series Paper (DSP) layer cut to 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″
- Basic Black card stock (CS) layer cut to 2-5/8″ x 5″
- Pear Pizzazz CS layer cut to 2-1/2″ x 4-7/8″
- Basic Black CS layer cut to 1-1/2″ x 1-1/8″
- Whisper White CS layer cut to 1-3/8″ x 1″
- Whisper White CS cut to 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ for the inside of the card base
Cut and scored with my paper trimmer, for the box:
- Best Dressed Designer Series Paper (DSP) cut to 2″ x 6″ (2 pieces)
- Basic Black CS layer cut to 2-3/4″ x 2-3/4″
- Whisper White CS layer cut to 2-5/8″ x 2-5/8″
Stamped with the Outdoor Barbecue stamp set:
- grill in Tuxedo Black Memento ink onto the Pear Pizzazz CS layer
- grill in Tuxedo Black Memento ink onto a scrap of Real Red CS
- sentiment in Tuxedo Black Memento ink onto the smallest piece of Whisper White CS
- corn in Tuxedo Black Memento ink onto the Whisper White CS layer for the box
Stamped with the Label Me Bold stamp set:
- “smoke” in Smoky Slate ink onto the Pear Pizzazz CS layer
Stamped with the Everything Amazing stamp set:
- “YOU ARE” in Tuxedo Black Memento ink onto the Whisper White CS layer for the box top
- Note: I only inked up the part of the stamp I needed. This is easy since you can see through the photopolymer stamp.
Stamped with the Pocketful of Happiness stamp set:
- “SO” and “y” in Basic Black ink onto the Whisper White CS layer for the box top
- Note: I used a Basic Black Stampin’ Write Marker to color only the parts of the stamps I needed.
Cut using Paper Snips:
- body of the Real Red grill
Colored using Stampin’ Blends Markers:
- grill legs and shelf in Light Smoky Slate
- corn in Dark Daffodil Delight and Light Old Olive
Colored using a Stampin’ Write Marker:
- red grill handle in Basic Black
- hyphen between the corn and the “y” onto the Whisper White CS layer for the box top
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- DSP layer glued onto the front of the card base
- larger Basic Black CS layer glued onto the DSP layer, lined up along the left
- Pear Pizzazz CS layer glued onto the larger Basic Black CS layer
- Real Red CS grill body glued over the grill body on the Pear Pizzazz CS layer
- sentiment glued onto the smaller Basic Black CS layer, then adhered onto the card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Whisper White CS glued onto the inside of the card base
Assembled the box:
- burnished the folds in the box with a Bone Folder, and folded in the flaps to form the box
- a DSP strip put inside the box to cover the front and two sides
- the other DSP strip put inside the box to cover the bottom, back, and top
- filled with treats and closed the box
- Whisper White CS layer glued onto the Basic Black CS layer
- Basic Black CS layer adhered onto the lid of the box using Tear & Tape
Here’s the OSAT Sixteen Candles Birthday Blog Hop:
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase. If you are reading this post in email, the product images may not show up. Click here to see the post on my blog.
Click “Supply List” for a clickable and printable list of the products!
Here are some helpful links:
- Shop my online store
- Coordination Product Release – available only through March 31 or while supplies last!
- Clearance Rack
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and daily blog updates.
- February Host Code SYG4ATBH – receive free product!
- Paper Pumpkin: buy a Prepaid Subscription or subscribe month to month
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
- Have you shopped from me within the past year? Join my private VIP Facebook group for exclusive project tutorials and more!
- Join my team and enjoy a 20% discount (or more) on all your purchases! You choose $125 in products and pay only $99, and get free shipping! No obligation! No selling required! PLUS only during Sale-a-bration, you’ll also receive an exclusive Mini Paper Cutter a 6″ x 6″ Sampler of Designer Series Paper from the new Mini Catalog, and another stamp set of your choice.
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!