Welcome to the June 2020 Candy Hearts Blog Hop! Today we are sharing Patriotic themed projects to get ready for the 4th of July, which is Independence Day here in the United States. After reading my post, I hope you will hop to the next person on the list below. Be sure to check out ALL the great projects the Hearts have created for you today.
My card is very simple. Except for two little pieces of ribbon, it’s just card stock and ink. I made it in honor of all healthcare workers, and really everyone who wears a mask any time they are around other people. If you are patriotic and care about the people of your country, please wear a mask. It literally saves lives.
One week ago I lost a dear family member to COVID-19. Someone at her husband’s work had no symptoms and refused to wear a mask, and infected a bunch of people. By the time they found out he had it, it was too late. She died, and her husband is still in ICU. Please, please, please, even if you don’t think COVID-19 is real, please wear a mask. Remember, it isn’t to protect you, it’s to protect everyone else, especially the more vulnerable folks and the people who will go home to them. Thank you.
If you are reading this in email, some photos may appear blurry, or may not appear at all. Please click here to see the post on my blog.
S June 2020 Candy Hearts Blog Hop June 2020 Candy Hearts Blog Hop June 2020 Candy Hearts Blog Hop June 2020 Candy Hearts Blog Hop
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my Paper Trimmer:
- Whisper White Thick card stock (CS) cut to 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, then scored in half at 4-1/4″
- Whisper White CS layer cut to 5-1/8″ x 3-7/8″
- Real Red CS strips cut to 1/4″ x 7″ (about 7 or 8 pieces)
- Night of Navy CS strips cut to 1/4″ x 7″ (about 7 or 8 pieces)
- Whisper White CS cut to 3″ x 4″, then scored at 1/2″, 1″, 1-1/2″, 2-1/2″, 3″, and 3-1/2″ (I left 1/2″ at the top and bottom to fold under, but you can delete these bits if you want. Cut it to 3″ x 3″, then score at 1/2″, 1″, 2″, and 2-1/2″)
- Whisper White CS cut to 1/2″ x 1-1/2″, then scored in half at 1/4″ (2 pieces)
- ends of the 1/4″ strips trimmed from the edges of the background layer (see below)
Stamped with the Ornate Thanks stamp set:
- THANKS in Real Red ink onto the top pleat of the mask
- for all you do in Night of Navy ink onto the bottom pleat of the mask
- The pleats are now, from the top down, in red, white, and blue!
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- a Real Red CS strip and a Night of Navy CS strip glued side by side, at an angle, onto the middle area of the Whisper White CS layer, with the ends hanging off the side
- a CS strip laid next to them to make a space between the next red and navy strips, then removed the strip so the white shows through (OR you could cut Whisper White Thick CS strips and glue them between the others.)
- continued this until the layer was covered, then trimmed the excess pieces from the edges of the layer with the Paper Trimmer
- glued the layer onto the front of the card base
- burnished the folds in the 3″ x 4″ Whisper White CS and accordion folded to look like a mask
- burnished the folds in the 1/2″ x 1-1/2″ Whisper White CS pieces and glued them onto the ends of the mask
- adhered the ends of a piece of ribbon onto the back corners of the mask using Mini Glue Dots, one on each side
Here’s the June 2020 Candy Hearts Blog Hop:
Thank you for hopping with us today! Be sure to check out all the stops on the hop. Use this line up as a guide.
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase. If you are reading this post in email, the product images may not show up. Please click here to see the post on my blog.
Supply List. <— Click for a clickable and printable list of the products!
Here are some helpful links:
- June Host Code DXD9JX2S – receive free product!
- Shop my online store
- Clearance Rack
- Request a free catalog
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and/or daily blog updates.
- Paper Pumpkin: buy a Prepaid Subscription or subscribe month to month
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
- Have you shopped from me within the past year? Join my private VIP Facebook group for exclusive project tutorials and more!
- Join my team and enjoy a 20% discount (or more) on all your purchases! You choose $125 in products and pay only $99, and get free shipping! No obligation! No selling required!
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!