Today I’m finally getting around to posting a card with a Stamparatus wreath. I used two images from the Peaceful Reflections stamp set. The one I used as a flower is actually a butterfly, but when you stamp it around in a circle like this, you can make a wreath out of just about any image.
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my Stampin’ Trimmer:
- Pineapple Punch card stock (CS) cut to 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, then scored in half at 4-1/4″
- Optional: Whisper White CS cut to 5-1/4″ x 4″ for the inside of the card. Not needed because the Pineapple Punch card base is light enough to write on.
Die cut using the Layering Squares Framelits:
- a piece of Whisper White CS using the largest plain square die
- the same piece a second time, cutting it diagonally across the first cut
- This created the template for the wreath.
Die cut using the Foliage Frame Framelits:
- leafy frame from a scrap of Granny Apple Green CS
Stamped with the Peaceful Reflections stamp set:
- sentiment in Granny Apple Green ink onto a scrap of Whisper White CS
- butterfly/flower in Pineapple Punch ink onto the Whisper White CS die cut square, in a circle on the Stamparatus
- leaf in Granny Apple Green ink onto the Whisper White CS die cut square, in a circle on the Stamparatus
- NOTE: See the Stamparatus wreath technique below.
Die cut using the Layering Circles Framelits:
- one scalloped circle from a scrap of Granny Apple Green CS
- one slightly larger scalloped circle from a scrap of Whisper White CS
- stamped wreath using a plain circle die
Cut using the Classic Label Punch:
Cut using the 1″ Circle Punch:
- center cut from the stamped circle
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- stamped wreath glued onto the leafy frame
- leafy frame glued onto the Granny Apple Green scalloped circle
- Granny Apple Green scalloped circle glued onto the Whisper White scalloped circle
- sentiment glued onto a scrap of Pineapple Punch CS, then trimmed around the edges with Paper Snips to create the mat
- sentiment adhered over the stamped wreath using Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Whisper White Tulle Ribbon adhered to the front of the card base using Tear & Tape, or Snail, just in the center
- Whisper White scalloped circle glued over the ribbon, onto the front of the card base
Here’s the Stamparatus Wreath Technique:
Create the template:
- Die cut a square from a piece of card stock.
- Turn the die 45 degrees and cut again, to make an 8 pointed star.
Stamp the wreath:
- Place the template in the Stamparatus and hold in place with a magnet.
- Lay the die cut square in the template.
- Line up one of the stamps with the square, then stamp.
- Move the square around to the next point, and stamp again. (I used darker ink in this example so you could see it better.)
- Continue all around until you’ve stamped it 8 times, once at each point.
- At this point you can line up another stamp, or move the stamp you were using to another spot on the square. Then stamp another 8 times. You can keep adding layers like this as long as you want.
- Be sure to keep the template for future use.
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase.
Here are 2 amazing limited time offers from Stampin’ Up!:
1) Paper Pumpkin Sale, through August 10, 2018
- Subscribe between now and August 10
- Use promo code BLOOM0818
- Get 50% off your first kit
- CLICK HERE to subscribe
2) Color Your Seasons Special, August 1-31, 2018, While Supplies Last!
Stampin’ Up!’s® Blended Seasons Stamp Set, coordinating Framelits™ Dies, and Watercolor Pencils are perfect for every season of creating! Plus, save 10% when you buy the stamp set and Framelits in a bundle! But don’t wait—these exclusive products are only available until August 31 while supplies last. So get in the mood to create something full of colors and seasons!
Introducing the all-new, limited-time Color Your Season products:
- Blended Seasons Stamp Set, an exclusive 12-piece wood- or clear-mount stamp set with images for every season – #149019 @ $53 (wood blocks included); #149016 @ $39 (suggested clear blocks: b, c, e, g, h)
- Stitched Season Framelits Dies, a coordinating stitched die that includes stitching on both the positive and negative images! #149013 @ $33. Has10 dies. Largest die: 4-7/8″ x 3-3/8″.
- Save 10%! Blended Seasons BUNDLE – BLENDED SEASONS STAMP SET + STITCHED SEASONS FRAMELITS DIES – Wood-mount #149893 @ $77.25, Clear-mount #149894 @ $64.75
- Watercolor Pencils in 10 new colors! #149014 @ $12.50. Acid free, lignin free.10 pencils in Stampin’ Up! colors: Balmy Blue, Cajun Craze, Cherry Cobbler, Coastal Cabana, Crushed Curry, Flirty Flamingo, Garden Green, Gorgeous Grape, Granny Apple Green, Night of Navy
- Products available while supplies last until August 31, 2018 – while supplies last
- Items may be included as part of a new demonstrator’s Starter Kit.
Here’s some more cool stuff you should check out:
- Shop my online store
- Clearance Rack
- Click here for your free catalog.
- Join my team to get a discount on your stamping supplies!
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and daily blog updates.
- August Host Code YRU4UHA4– receive free product!
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!