I used some products from the Playing With Patterns Suite Collection along with the Happiest of Birthdays stamp set and the Stitched So Sweetly Dies to create today’s fun pop up birthday card.
If you are reading this in email, some photos may appear blurry, or may not appear at all. Please click here to see the post on my blog.
S playing with patterns playing with patterns playing with patterns playing with patterns
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my paper trimmer:
- Night of Navy card stock (CS) cut to 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, then scored in half at 4-1/4″
- Purple Posy CS layer cut to 3-3/4″ x 5″
- Playing With Patterns Designer Series Paper (DSP) layer cut to 3-1/2″ x 4-3/4″
- Whisper White Thick CS cut to 8-1/4″ x 5-1/4″ for the insert, then cut and scored according to the diagram below
- first DSP pattern for the inside cut to 3″ x 1-1/2″, and scored in half at 1-1/2″
- second DSP pattern for the inside cut to 2-1/2″ x 1-1/4″, and scored in half at 1-1/4″
- third DSP pattern for the inside cut to 2″ x 1″, and scored in half at 1″
- Click on the diagram to see it larger:
Stamped with the Happiest of Birthdays stamp set:
- outer sentiment in Night of Navy ink onto a scrap of Whisper White Thick CS
Stamped with the Pattern Play stamp set:
- inner sentiment in Night of Navy ink onto the Whisper White Thick insert
- stars in Coastal Cabana and Highland Heather inks onto the Whisper White Thick insert (I stamped off the Highland Heather to make it lighter.)
Cut using the Stitched So Sweetly Dies:
- outer sentiment
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- burnished all the folds in the insert with a Bone Folder
- die cut sentiment glued onto the DSP layer
- DSP layer glued onto the Purple Posy CS layer
- Purple Posy CS layer glued onto the front of the card base
- remaining DSP pieces glued onto their corresponding “boxes” on the insert
- ribbon adhered onto each side of each box as shown, using Stampin’ Seal +, and wrapped around to the back
- ribbon tied into a small bow and adhered above the top box using a Mini Glue Dot
- insert glued onto the inside of the card base, applying glue everywhere except to the boxes that will fold out
Here are today’s main colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase. If you are reading this post in email, the product images may not show up. Please click here to see the post on my blog.
Supply List. <— Click for a clickable and printable list of the products!
Designer Series Paper Sale!
Here are some helpful links:
- October Host Code 2CDPP2XZ – receive free product!
- Shop my online store
- Request a free catalog
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and/or daily blog updates.
- Paper Pumpkin: buy a Prepaid Subscription or subscribe month-to-month
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
- Have you shopped from me within the past year? Join my private VIP Facebook group for exclusive project tutorials and more!
- Join my team and enjoy a 20% discount (or more) on all your purchases! You choose $125 in products and pay only $99, and get free shipping! No obligation! No selling required!
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!