I’ve been wanting to use the sweet Tinted Faceted Buttons for a while but just haven’t found the right project until now. Even though the button colors of Call Me Clover, Grapefruit Grove, and Lovely Lipstick aren’t in the suite, they still coordinate with it really well. Today’s card is another one I made using the How Sweet It Is suite of products (I hope you aren’t getting tired of it.) I used the Pocket Framelits Dies and the buttons to create a card that looks like a shirt with a pocketful of sweets.
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my Stampin’ Trimmer:
- Melon Mambo card stock (CS) cut to 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, then scored in half at 4-1/4″
- How Sweet It Is Designer Series Paper (DSP) cut to 5-1/4″ x 4″
- Melon Mambo CS cut to 3/4″ x 4″
- Whisper White CS cut to 5-1/4″ x 4″ for the inside of the card base
- DSP cut to 5-1/4″ x 3/4″
Stamped with the More Than Words stamp set:
- sentiment in Gorgeous Grape ink onto a scrap of Whisper White CS
Die cut using the Pocket Framelits:
- sentiment using the pocket die
- NOTE: I cut the pocket with the die extending past the top edge of the paper, to make the pocket shorter.
- You may find it easier to cut the pocket first, then stamp the sentiment.
Cut using the Playful Pennants Framelits:
- a scrap of the DSP for the top of the pocket
Cut using Paper Snips:
- a cupcake and a lollipop from a scrap of the DSP
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- large DSP layer glued onto the front of the card base
- die cut pennant glued along the top of the pocket, then the excess trimmed away from the sides using Paper Snips
- pocket tabs folded under and burnished, then glued onto the DSP layer
- lollipop tucked into the pocket and glued in place
- cupcake tucked into the pocket and adhered in place using Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Melon Mambo CS strip glued onto the right edge of the DSP layer
- Whisper White Baker’s Twine threaded through each button and tied in a small knot on the back. I pushed the knot up in to one of the holes in the button.
- buttons adhered onto the Melon Mambo CS strip using Mini Glue Dots
- DSP strip glued onto the Whisper White CS
- Whisper White CS glued onto the inside of the card base
To thread the twine through the button holes, I used a floss threader as a needle. This is my favorite kind for crafting because they are very thin and rarely break. I keep a pack of them in my craft supplies all the time. Click on the photo to see them at Amazon.com.
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase.
Preorder the Easter Treat Holder Online Class by March 27!
- Make 10 adorable treat holders at home in your PJs!
- perfect for Easter or Spring
- fill with your own treats or gifts
- class kits include 270 precut pieces!
- Limited spots available
Click on the image below for details:
Here are some helpful links:
- Sale-a-bration!!!– earn free items!
- Sale-a-bration Coordination items – available through March 31 or while supplies last!
- Shop my online store
- Clearance Rack
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and daily blog updates.
- March Host Code RHZ6NBS7 – receive free product!
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
- Have you shopped from me within the past year? Join my private VIP Facebook group for exclusive project tutorials and more!
- Join my team! Sale-a-bration is a super time to join! You get so much extra, like the amazing Craft & Carry Tote Bag!
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!