I hope you’re having a wonderful Christmas day full of warmth, love, and cheer.
Today I’m sharing a wonderful Christmas card made by Judy Newsome, one of my Candy Hearts team members. She used the Candy Cane Season bundle to create this trio of Poppy Parade candy canes on a vellum background over a layer of Santa’s Workshop Designer Series Paper.
Here’s what she made:
Here’s what she did:
Cut and scored with my Stampin’ Trimmer:
- Poppy Parade card stock (CS) cut to 4-1/4″ x 11″, then scored in half at 5-1/2″
- Santa’s Workshop Designer Series Paper (DSP) cut to 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Vellum CS cut to 1-3/4″ x 5″
- Whisper White CS cut to 3-1/2″ x 3/4″ for the sentiment
- Whisper White CS cut to 4″ x 5-1/4″ for the inside of the card base
Stamped with the Candy Cane Season stamp set:
- 3 candy canes in Poppy Parade ink onto a scrap of Whisper White CS
- sentiment in Poppy Parade ink onto the Whisper White CS strip
- 3 sprigs of holly in Garden Green ink onto a scrap of Whisper White CS
- a sprig of holly onto the large piece of Whisper White CS
Cut using the Candy Cane Builder Punch:
- 3 candy canes
Cut using the Detailed Trio Punch:
- rounded the four corners of the large piece of Whisper White CS
Fussy cut using Paper Snips:
- 3 sprigs of holly
Colored using a Poppy Parade Blends Marker:
- 9 small pearls (color them while they are still on their backing, them move them to the card)
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- DSP layer glued onto the front of the card base
- candy canes and holly glued onto the Vellum
- vellum adhered onto the DSP layer using Tear & Tape, hiding the adhesive under the candy canes
- sentiment adhered onto the DSP layer using Tear & Tape
- three pearls applied to each holly sprig
- a piece of Poppy Parade ribbon tied into a box and adhered onto the Vellum using Mini Glue Dots
- large Whisper White CS glued onto the inside of the card base
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what she used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase.
Here’s the Year-End Closeout!
During the Year-End Closeout promotion, you can save on a selection of retiring and surplus items—while supplies last. Definitely place your orders sooner rather than later, because supplies are limited and the Year-End Closeout ends on January 2. After that, some of your favorite retiring items may be gone for good!
Here’s how to get your copy of the new catalogs:
Just click on this button and I’ll send you the new catalogs, along with a list of the bundles, the Designer Series Paper coordinating colors, and a handmade card!
- Become a Candy Heart!
- Join my team and you can order the new products right now, instead of having to wait another month!
- No selling required! I welcome Hobby Demos! (Hobby Demos join to get the discount for themselves.)
- CLICK HERE for the details!
Here’s more stuff to check out:
- Shop my online store
- Clearance Rack
- Click here for your free catalog.
- Join my team to get a discount on your stamping supplies!
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and daily blog updates.
- December Host Code 3CXZMQ2Q – receive free product!
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!