For today’s card, I used the Positive Thoughts stamp set and the coordinating Nature’s Thoughts Dies along with the Peaceful Poppies Designer Series Paper. I don’t know that I ever would have thought to put together the color combo of Rich Razzleberry, Blackberry Bliss, and Poppy Parade. That’s why I take color ideas from the Designer Series Papers. The designers at Stampin’ Up! have put all the thought into the colors, so we don’t have to.
If you are reading this in email, some photos may appear blurry, or may not appear at all. Please click here to see the post on my blog.
S positive thoughts positive thoughts positive thoughts positive thoughts
Here’s what I made:
After making the card, and taking photos of it, I decided to try something. I stamped the branch again in Whisper White Craft ink, stamped off once, to lighten up the card a bit. Which do you like better?
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my paper trimmer:
- Poppy Parade card stock (CS) cut to 4-1/4″ x 11″, then scored in half at 5-1/2″
- Peaceful Poppies Designer Series Paper (DSP) layer cut to 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Whisper White CS layer cut to 3″ x 4-1/2″
- Rich Razzleberry CS layer cut to 2-1/2″ x 4″
- Whisper White CS cut to 4″ x 3-7/8″ for the inside of the card base
Stamped with the Positive Thoughts stamp set:
- branch in Tuxedo Black Memento ink onto the Rich Razzleberry CS layer
- optional: branch in Whisper White Craft ink (stamped off once) onto the Rich Razzleberry CS layer, then set the ink using a Heat Tool
- sentiment in Blackberry Bliss ink onto the Whisper White CS for the inside of the card base
Cut using the Nature’s Thoughts Dies:
- rectangle layer from a scrap of Blackberry Bliss CS
- 2 border pieces from a scrap of Whisper White CS
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- Rich Razzleberry CS layer glued onto the Blackberry Bliss CS die cut rectangle
- Blackberry Bliss CS die cut rectangle glued onto the Whisper White CS layer
- Whisper White CS layer adhered onto the DSP layer using Stampin’ Dimensionals
- DSP layer glued onto the front of the card base
- 3 Pearl Basic Jewels applied onto the Rich Razzleberry CS layer
- Whisper White CS with sentiment glued onto the inside of the card base
- die cut borders glued above and below the Whisper White CS on the inside of the card base
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase. If you are reading this post in email, the product images may not show up. Click here to read this post on my blog.
Click “Supply List” above for a clickable and printable list of the products!
Here are some helpful links:
- Shop my online store
- Sale-a-bration!– available only through March 31 or while supplies last!
- Coordination Product Release – available only through March 31 or while supplies last!
- Clearance Rack
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and daily blog updates.
- February Host Code SYG4ATBH – receive free product!
- Paper Pumpkin: buy a Prepaid Subscription or subscribe month to month
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
- Have you shopped from me within the past year? Join my private VIP Facebook group for exclusive project tutorials and more!
- Join my team and enjoy a 20% discount (or more) on all your purchases! You choose $125 in products and pay only $99, and get free shipping! No obligation! No selling required! PLUS only during Sale-a-bration, you’ll also receive an exclusive Mini Paper Cutter a 6″ x 6″ Sampler of Designer Series Paper from the new Mini Catalog, and another stamp set of your choice.
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!