I made today’s card using products from the Peony Garden Suite: Prized Peony Bundle (Prized Peony stamp set and Peony Dies,) Dainty Diamonds 3D Embossing Folder, Peony Garden Designer Series Paper, and Gray Granite 1/4″ Shimmer Ribbon. I wanted the flower to pop, so I made it in Melon Mambo instead of the Petal Pink in the paper. And I colored 3 pearls with a Dark Black Stampin’ Blends Marker to scatter around the flower.
If you are reading this in email, some photos may appear blurry, or may not appear at all. Please click here to see the post on my blog.
S Prized Prized Prized Prized
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my paper trimmer:
- Basic Black card stock (CS) cut to 4-1/4″ x 11″, then scored in half at 5-1/2″
- Peony Garden Designer Series Paper (DSP) layer cut to 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″
- Basic Black CS layer cut to 3-5/8″ x 4-7/8″
- Gray Granite CS layer cut to 3-1/2″ x 4-3/4″
- Whisper White CS layer cut to 4-1/8″ x 1-3/8″
- DSP strip cut to 4″ x 1/2″
- Whisper White CS cut to 4″ x 5-1/4″ for the inside of the card base
Stamped with the Prized Peony stamp set:
- large floral image in Memento ink onto a scrap of Gray Granite CS
- sentiment in Memento ink onto the Whisper White CS layer
- large floral image in Gray Granite ink, stamped off twice, onto the 4″ x 5-1/4″ Whisper White CS (I wanted it to be very light, like a watermark, so I can write over it.)
Cut using the Peony Dies:
- bottom of sentiment strip with scalloped die
- stamped floral image
- 4 peony layers from a scrap of Melon Mambo CS
- flower center from a scrap of Basic Black CS
Embossed using the Dainty Diamonds Embossing Folder:
- Gray Granite CS layer
Colored using Stampin’ Blends Markers:
- die cut floral image in Gray Granite and Melon Mambo
- 3 pearls in Dark Basic Black
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- DSP layer glued onto the front of the card base
- embossed Gray Granite CS layer glued onto the Basic Black CS layer
- Basic Black CS layer glued onto the DSP layer
- die cut floral image glued onto the Gray Granite CS layer
- four peony pieces assembled and glued together
- flower center stuck down into the middle of the flower and glued in place
- peony glued over the large flower of the stamped image
- ribbon adhered along the top of the sentiment strip with Tear & Tape and wrapped around to the back
- sentiment strip glued over the other layers
- 3 black pearls applied onto the Gray Granite CS layer using the pointy end of my Take Your Pick tool
- DSP strip glued onto the bottom of the 4″ x 5-1/4″ Whisper White CS
- 4″ x 5-1/4″ Whisper White CS glued onto the inside of the card base
Bonus Days are here!
Click the image below to shop now and earn Bonus Days coupons to use next month!
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase. If you are reading this post in email, the product images may not show up. Please click here to see the post on my blog.
Supply List <— Click for a clickable and printable list of the products!
Here are some helpful links:
- July Host Code 6VQYQF43 – receive free product!
- Shop my online store
- Clearance Rack
- Request a free catalog
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and/or daily blog updates.
- Paper Pumpkin: buy a Prepaid Subscription or subscribe month-to-month
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
- Have you shopped from me within the past year? Join my private VIP Facebook group for exclusive project tutorials and more!
- Join my team and enjoy a 20% discount (or more) on all your purchases! You choose $125 in products and pay only $99, and get free shipping! No obligation! No selling required!
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!