Today I’m sharing the Prized Peony cards I made for the July Candy Hearts team swap. The theme was sympathy. None of us really enjoy making these, but it’s best to make them when you don’t need them, and have them on hand for when you do. I used the Prized Peony Bundle (Prized Peony stamp set and Peony Dies,) Stitched So Sweetly Dies, and Peony Garden Designer Series Paper.
If you are reading this in email, some photos may appear blurry, or may not appear at all. Please click here to see the post on my blog.
S Prized Peony Prized Peony Prized Peony Prized Peony
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my paper trimmer:
- Gray Granite card stock (CS) cut to 4-1/4″ x 11″, then scored in half at 5-1/2″
- Peony Garden Designer Series Paper (DSP) layer cut to 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Whisper White CS cut to 4″ x 5-1/4″ for the inside of the card base
Stamped with the Prized Peony stamp set:
- large peony image in Gray Granite ink onto a scrap of Whisper White CS
- sentiment in Gray Granite CS onto a scrap of Whisper White CS
Cut using the Peony Dies:
- large peony image
Cut using the Stitched So Sweetly Dies:
- scrap of Gray Granite CS using a scalloped stitched rectangle die
- sentiment using a smaller scalloped stitched rectangle die
- NOTE: The dies are longer than the finished pieces. I cut each one with a die that was the width I wanted. I lined up one end of the die around the sentiment and cut it, then moved the die to cut the other end, lining up the die along the scallops. I used that as a guide for where to cut the mat piece.
Colored using Stampin’ Blends:
- flower and bud in Light Petal Pink
- leaves and stems in light Soft Sea Foam
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- DSP layer glued onto the front of the card base
- sentiment glued onto the Gray Granite CS die cut
- Gray Granite CS die cut glued onto the DSP layer
- peony glued onto the DSP layer, overlapping the sentiment
- 3 Frosted Epoxy Droplets applied, 1 onto the sentiment and 2 onto the DSP layer – I find the easiest way to transfer the dots from the plastic sheet to where I want it on the card is to use the Paper Piercing Tip (pokey tool) of my Take Your Pick Tool
- Whisper White CS glued onto the inside of the card base
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase. If you are reading this post in email, the product images may not show up. Please click here to see the post on my blog.
Supply List. <— Click for a clickable and printable list of the products!
The new catalog, and the new online store, are live!
Use your Bonus Days coupons by August 31!
Click the image below to shop now and use your Bonus Days coupons!
Here are some helpful links:
- August Host Code 49HQDVHS – receive free product!
- Shop my online store
- Request a free catalog
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and/or daily blog updates.
- Paper Pumpkin: buy a Prepaid Subscription or subscribe month-to-month
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
- Have you shopped from me within the past year? Join my private VIP Facebook group for exclusive project tutorials and more!
- Join my team and enjoy a 20% discount (or more) on all your purchases! You choose $125 in products and pay only $99, and get free shipping! No obligation! No selling required!
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!