Today I’m sharing the last of four cards I made for the Rising Star card swap, using the Night in Bethlehem bundle. I wanted to give the feeling of a desert city at night, so I used Night of Navy for the night sky, and Sahara Sand and Crumb Cake for the dunes and the buildings. I used copper to add a little shine to the card, both with embossing powder and Copper Foil Sheets.
Here’s the bundle:
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my Stampin’ Trimmer:
- Night of Navy card stock (CS) cut to 4-1/4″ x 11″, then scored in half at 5-1/2″
- Sahara Sand CS cut to 4″ x 4″
- Sahara Sand CS cut to 4″ x 5-1/4″ for the inside
Stamped with the Night in Bethlehem stamp set:
- sentiment in Versamark ink onto the front of the card base, near the top right, then heat embossed in copper
- shepherd in Versamark ink onto a scrap of Sahara Sand CS, then heat embossed in copper
- NOTE: To heat emboss:
- 1) rub the CS with the Embossing Buddy to cut down on static
- 2) stamp in Versamark ink
- 3) cover the stamped area with Copper Stampin’ Emboss Powder
- 4) melt powder with a Heat Tool until it’s shiny
Die cut using the Bethlehem Edgelits:
- star from a Copper Foil Sheet
- each of the two Edgelit designs from both Sahara Sand CS and Crumb Cake CS (4 pieces total)
- This is a photo of all the Edgelits I cut out for all the swap cards. 4 pieces x 5 cards = 20 pieces:
Cut using Paper Snips:
- curve along the top of the 4″ x 4″ piece of Sahara Sand CS, to resemble dunes behind the city
Assembled the card:
- Sahara Sand “dune” layer glued onto the front of the card base
- city layers glued onto the Sahara Sand layer, starting at the top and working down
- shepherd glued onto the last city layer
- star glued onto the front of the card base
- 4″ x 5-1/4″ Sahara Sand CS glued to the inside of the card base
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on the images for more details and to purchase.
Here are some key points to remember:
- Hostess Code for the month of October (HGB2HGXK)
Find out more about HOW, WHEN and WHY to use that HERE.
- October’s FREE gift
Mini Pizza Boxes
Find out more HERE.
- New Merry Patterns Hostess Stamp Set – added to your Host Rewards
There’s a brand new stamp set that isn’t in any catalog. You can’t buy it, but you can get if for free with a qualifying order! You can host a party, or place your own order, or join under me and get a 20% discount on your demonstrator order. Find out more HERE.
- Gumball Rewards for all orders over $50
Find out more HERE.
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!