The new Come Sail Away Suite has some wonderful nautical images, including sailboats, lighthouses, compasses, and more. The Sailing Home stamp set has some great heartfelt sentiments, too. The colors (blues, greens, and browns) in the Come Sail Away Designer Series Paper are perfect for masculine projects, but can be used for anyone for almost any occasion.
You may notice in the photo below that the inside of the card has layers. Doesn’t that look nice and fancy? The truth is, I did it to cover up some mistakes. I first stamped the sentiment and boat directly onto the inside of the card base. Perfect. Then I dropped one of the stamps and created a mess. No problem. I cut a layer to glue onto the inside and stamped it, but the boat didn’t come out so well this time. Why, oh why, wasn’t I using my Stamparatus? I stamped the boat again – cleanly this time – onto a scrap of cardstock and die cut it. It covered the bad one perfectly.
So the moral of this story is that sometimes when we make mistakes, we end up with something even better. I like the layered inside. How about you?
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my Stampin’ Trimmer:
- Seaside Spray card stock (CS) cut to 4-1/4″ x 11″, then scored in half at 5-1/2″
- Soft Suede CS layer cut to 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″
- Come Sail Away Designer Series Paper (DSP) cut to 3-3/4″ x 5″
Stamped with the Sailing Home stamp set:
- front sentiment in Night of Navy ink onto a scrap of Seaside Spray CS
- boat in Night of Navy ink onto a scrap of Seaside Spray CS (this can be stamped directly onto the inside of the card base(
- inside sentiment stamped onto the inside of the card base images
Cut using the Smooth Sailing Dies:
- sentiment and boat
Cut using Paper Snips:
- scrap of Soft Suede CS to mat the front sentiment
- NOTE: I adhered the sentiment piece onto the Soft Suede CS with just a tiny bit of Snail. I then trimmed around the sentiment. When I was done cutting, I glued the sentiment onto the mat.
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- DSP layer glued onto the Soft Suede CS layer
- Soft Suede CS layer glued onto the front of the card base
- matted sentiment adhered onto the DSP layer using Stampin’ Dimensionals
- die cut boat glued onto the inside of the card base
Everything is Rosy Product Medley
- Available only through May 31, or while supplies last!
- Item number 150059
The Everything Is Rosy Product Medley includes these exclusive products:
- Everything Is Rosy Photopolymer Stamp Set—18 stamps; suggested blocks: a, b, c,
- Everything Is Rosy Dies—10 dies; largest die 2-7/8″ x 1″ (7.3 x 2.5 cm)
- 6″ x 6″ (15.2 x 15.2 CM) Designer Series Paper Stack—48 sheets; 8 each of 6 double-sided designs
- 6″ x 6″ (15.2 x 15.2 CM) rose gold foil paper—8 sheets
- Printed die cuts—2 sheets
- Rose gold die cuts—4 sheets; 2 each of 2 designs
- Rose gold adhesive backed mirror embellishments—60 embellishments; 1/4″ (6.4 mm)
- Melon Mambo 1/4″ (6.4 mm) Ruched Ribbon—10 yards (9.1 m)
- Night of Navy/Rose Gold 3/8″ (1 cm) Metallic –Edge Ribbon—10 yards (9.1 m)
- Rose Gold Shimmer Paint—1/2 oz. (15 ml)
- Only $80 for all that!!!
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase.
New products will be available June 4, 2019. But if you join now, you can add new products to your Starter Kit!
Preorder the Geared Up Garage Online Card Class by May 8:
- Make 6 cards at home in your PJs!
- 2 each of 3 designs
- Great for Father’s Day or for anyone who loves cars, tools, etc.
- I’ve done the trimming and scoring for you!
- You’ll receive all you need to make the cards, including the stamp set, dies, embellishments, the precut/prescored/pre-embossed card kits, and 6 Whisper White envelopes.
- Limited spots available
Click on the image below for details and class options, or copy and paste this link into your browser: https://stampcandy.net/online-classes/geared-garage-card-class-preorder-05-2019/
Here are some helpful links:
- Shop my online store
- Clearance Rack
- NEW Storage by Stampin’ Up!
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and daily blog updates.
- May Host Code QQMWPTJK – receive free product!
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
- Have you shopped from me within the past year? Join my private VIP Facebook group for exclusive project tutorials and more!
- Join my team and enjoy a 20% discount (or more) on all your purchases!
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!