Today I’m sharing a card I made using the Spirited Snowmen stamp set. I heat embossed the image in white, then watercolored the background, and colored in the Snowpeople’s clothes using Stampin’ Write Markers. I flecked ink onto the front of the card base using a White Chalk Marker and a Clear Wink of Stella brush to represent snow. Unfortunately, once I started, I realized my chalk marker was almost dry, so I didn’t get a lot of snow. But I hope you get the idea.
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my Stampin’ Trimmer:
- Pool Party card stock (CS) cut to 4-1/4″ x 11″, then scored in half at 5-1/2″
- Shimmery White CS cut to 2-1/2″ x 3-3/4″
- Whisper White CS cut to 4″ x 5-1/4″ for the inside of the card base
Stamped with the Spirited Snowmen stamp set:
- snowpeople and sentiment in Versamark ink onto the Shimmery White CS layer, then heat embossed in white
Colored using an Aqua Painter:
- background of Shimmery White CS layer in Pool Party ink
- snowpeople shading in Pool Party ink
Colored using Stampin’ Write Markers:
- snowpeople arms in Soft Suede ink
- snowman nose in Pumpkin Pie
- snowpeople clothes in Real Red, Pacific Point, Call Me Clover, Basic Black
Flecked front of card base:
- using a White Chalk Marker (there isn’t a lot of white flecking on the card because my chalk marker was almost dry)
- using a Clear Wink of Stella glitter brush
- NOTE: I used the cap of each one to fleck the ink onto the paper.
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- watercolored layer adhered onto the front of the card base using Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Whisper White CS glued onto the inside of the card base
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase.
Here’s the beautiful Snowflake Showcase!
It’s available only in November, so get yours before it’s gone!
This stamp set can be used all year long!
You get 20 dies in this set! 20!!! And they go with both stamp sets, so they can be used all year long.
Look at these adorable embellishments! They’re flat so they’re great for cards. I even made a pair of earrings!
Click on the images below to see more details and to purchase the Snowflake Showcase items:
The White Velveteen Paper mentioned in the video is sold out and no longer available.
Here’s even more cool stuff you should check out:
- Shop my online store
- Clearance Rack
- Click here for your free catalog.
- Join my team to get a discount on your stamping supplies!
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and daily blog updates.
- November Host Code 92BH36G7 – receive free product!
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!