Are you wearing green today so you don’t get pinched? I was wondering how in the world that tradition ever got started, so of course I Googled it: “St. Patrick’s revelers thought wearing green made one invisible to leprechauns, fairy creatures who would pinch anyone they could see (anyone not wearing green). People began pinching those who didn’t wear green as a reminder that leprechauns would sneak up and pinch green-abstainers.” So there’s your history lesson for the day.
You may think it odd that I’m posting a birthday card today instead of a St. Patrick’s Day card. Two reasons: 1) I posted one a few days ago – you can see that post here, and 2) March 17 is my sister Judy’s birthday!
Happy Birthday, Judy!
Here’s what I made:
Judy likes pinks and purples, so I used most of the ones that Stampin’ Up! has on this card.
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my Stampin’ Trimmer:
- Elegant Eggplant card stock (CS) to 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, then scored in half at 4-1/4″
- Rich Razzleberry CS to 5-3/8″ x 4-1/8″
- Perfect Plum CS to 5-1/4″ x 4″
- Melon Mambo CS to 5-1/8″ x 3-7/8″
- Wisteria Wonder CS to 5″ x 3-3/4″
- Sweet Sugarplum 4-7/8″ x 3-5/8″
- Pink Pirouette 4-3/4″ x 3-1/2″
- Pink Pirouette CS to 5-1/4″ x 4″ (for the inside)
- Lace Doily in half
Stamped with the Stylized Birthday stamp:
- the sentiment in Perfect Plum ink onto the4-3/4″ x 3-1/2″ Pink Pirouette CS
Assembled the card:
- Lace Doily half (Very Vanilla side showing) glued to the top of the 5-1/4″ x 4″ Pink Pirouette CS
- 5-1/4″ x 4″ Pink Pirouette CS glued to the inside of the Elegant Eggplant card base
- NOTE: the following five layers are turned counter clockwise just a little bit, but not so far that the corners extend past the CS it’s glued to.
- Rich Razzleberry CS glued to the front of the Elegant Eggplant card base
- Perfect Plum CS glued to the front of Rich Razzleberry CS
- Melon Mambo CS glued to the front of Perfect Plum CS
- Wisteria Wonder CS glued to the front of Melon Manbo CS
- Sweet Sugarplum CS glued to the front of Wisteria Wonder CS
- centered and parallel to the card base, Pink Pirouette CS with sentiment glued onto the top of the layers
- adhered a Very Vanilla tassel to the corner of the Pink Pirouette CS with Mini Glue Dots.
- tied a bow with Melon Mambo Thick Baker’s Twine and Elegant Eggplant Solid Baker’s Twine together, then adhered the bow to the top of the tassel with Mini Glue Dots
Here’s what I used:
Click on the images for more details and to purchase.
Sale-a-bration items are now available only while supplies last. So don’t wait if there’s anything you still want!
Paper Pumpkin 3 month prepaid subscription is only $55, but only through March 31! It’s the easiest way to earn a FREE Sale-a-bration item! Get it here.
Take it to the next level with a 12-month prepaid subscription. Save over $2 per month with the everyday awesome price, earn Stampin’ Rewards, and instantly qualify for 4 FREE Sale-A-Bration items! Get it here.
You will always earn a Gum Ball for every $50 you spend on an order with me. Earn 10 Gum Balls and I’ll send you a free stamp set of your choice! See the Gum Ball Rewards page for details.
Click here to shop my online store!
March Host Code
Use the Host Code on online orders less than $15o. See how to use a Host Code here.
Online orders of $75-149.99 placed with the Host Code will receive the gift of the month!
Online orders of $150 or more will automatically receive the gift of the month! Do not use the Host Code.
March’s gift is a pack of Metallic Foil Doilies! Each pack contains 24 doilies: 6 each of 2 sizes in 2 colors.
Click here to shop my online store!
2015-2017 In Colors
The 2015-2017 In Colors will be retiring in a few months. At some point, they will be available only while supplies last, like the Sale-a-bration items are now. Don’t wait until the last minute to stock up on these colors! Especially card stock and ink refills!!!