At one of our recent Candy Hearts team meetings, we had a challenge to create a monotone project. Today I’m sharing the card I made for that challenge. My one color was Powder Pink. (Pink is my signature color.) I wanted to create a lot of texture, since there was only the one color. I used the Butterfly Thinlits, Bold Butterfly Thinlits, Cupcake Cutouts Thinlits, and the Petal Burst embossing folder to create this lovely card.
Here’s what I made in Powder Pink:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my Stampin’ Trimmer:
- Powder Pink card stock (CS) cut to 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″, scored in half at 4-1/4″
- Powder Pink CS cut to 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Powder Pink CS cut to 3-3/4″ x 5″
Embossed using the Petal Burst Embossing Folder:
- 3-3/4″ x 5″ Powder Pink CS layer
Die cut using the Butterflies Thinlits:
- larger butterfly from a scrap of Powder Pink CS
Die cut using the Bold Butterfly Thinlit Dies:
- smaller butterfly from a scrap of Powder Pink CS
Die cut using the Cupcake Cutouts Framelit Dies:
Colored using the Clear Wink of Stella:
- butterflies and sentiment
Assembled the card:
- 4″ x 5-1/4″ Powder Pink CS layer glued onto the front of the card base
- embossed Powder Pink CS layer glued onto the 4″ x 5-1/4″ Powder Pink CS layer
- butterflies (bodies only, not the wings) adhered to the embossed layer using mini glue dots, then bent the wings to they would stand up
- sentiment glued onto the embossed layer
Here is today’s color:
You can click on the swatch to see all the products that come in Powder Pink!
Here’s what I used:
Click on the images for more details and to purchase.
Here are some key points to remember:
- Stampin’ Blends alcohol markers are now available! Find out more HERE.
- Hostess Code for the month of November: JBHB42YT
Find out more about HOW, WHEN and WHY to use the code HERE.
- November’s FREE gift: Stitched Felt Embellishments
Find out more HERE.
- Gumball Rewards for all orders over $50. Find out more HERE
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!