Have you seen the How Sweet It Is suite in the new Occasions catalog? It’s all about candy! At OnStage Orlando in November, there must have been 30 people who came up to me and said, “There’s a whole suite all about you!” While I’m sure I wasn’t on the designer’s mind when they created this suite, it really is perfect for me, don’t you think? There’s even a paper with gumball machines on it! Today’s project is made using this suite. It’s a shaker card you can use for a birthday or any other celebration.
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my Stampin’ Trimmer:
- Coastal Cabana card stock (CS) cut to 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, then scored in half at 4-1/4″
- How Sweet It Is Designer Series Paper (DSP) cut to 5-1/4″ x 4″
- Coastal Cabana CS cut to 4-1/4″ x 3-1/4″
- Window Sheet cut to 3″ x 3″
- Whisper White CS cut t 3″ x 1/2″
- Whisper White CS cut to 5-1/4″ x 4″ for the inside of the card base
Stamped with the Sweetest Thing stamp set:
- jar in Memento black ink onto a scrap of Whisper White CS
- sentiment in Memento black ink onto the Whisper White CS strip
Die cut using the Jar of Sweets Framelits:
- candies from scraps of Melon Mambo and Coastal Cabana CS
Cut using Paper Snips:
- inside from jar
- used a pencil to trace the same shape (inside of the jar) onto the Coastal Cabana CS layer, then cut it out
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- DSP layer glued onto the front of the card base
- jar outline glued onto the Coastal Cabana CS layer, matching up the snipped out areas
- Window Sheet adhered onto the back of the Coastal Cabana CS layer using Tear & Tape, being sure to cover the jar area
- applied Foam Adhesive Strips onto the back of the Coastal Cabana CS layer, around all the edges, and around the jar area
- die cut candies laid onto the DSP layer where the jar will be, then removed the backing from the Foam Adhesive Strips and adhered the Coastal Cabana CS layer onto the DSP layer
- NOTE: You should be able to move the candies around by shaking the card. I put too many (7 pieces) so they don’t have enough room to move. I would suggest 3 or 4 pieces of candy. Alternatively, you can stuff it full of candies (maybe 10 pieces) for a 3D look without the “shaker” aspect.
- adhered the sentiment onto the Coastal Cabana CS layer using Tear & Tape
- Whisper White CS glued onto the inside of the card base
- NOTE: You can use the Foam Adhesive Strips (they’re designer for shaker cards!) or Stampin’ Dimensionals, but don’t use them together. The strips are thicker than the Dimensionals, but not as thick as two dimensionals stacked together. The Mini Dimensionals are the same thickness as the regular Dimensionals so you can can use them together, which I do all the time!
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase.
Here’s how to get your copy of the new catalogs:
Just click on this button and I’ll send you the new catalogs, along with a list of the new bundles, the Designer Series Paper coordinating colors, and a handmade card!
Here’s some stuff to check out:
- Shop my online store
- Clearance Rack
- Click here for your free catalog.
- Join my team to get a discount on your stamping supplies!
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and daily blog updates.
- January Host Code TGBRZYGE – receive free product!
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!