Today I’m sharing another fun card I made with the Sweetest Thing stamp set, Jar of Sweets Framelits Dies, and How Sweet It Is Designer Series Paper. I just love the colors in this set. They’re all so fun and happy. I used a scrap of Pineapple Punch cardstock – right out of the scrap drawer – for the sentiment, continuing my quest to use up a bunch of my scraps. I used Stampin’ Write Markers to color in the candies. While Gorgeous Grape is the purple used in the paper, I used a Highland Heather marker instead, because I thought the Gorgeous Grape would be too dark in this instance. You could use Gorgeous Grape with a Blender Pen to lighten it up.
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my Stampin’ Trimmer:
- Melon Mambo card stock (CS) cut to 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, then scored in half at 4-1/4″
- Whisper White CS layer cut to 5-3/8″ x 4-1/8″
- How Sweet It Is Designer Series Paper (DSP) layer cut to 5-1/4″ x 4″
- Pineapple Punch CS cut to 4-1/4″ x 1″ (Why this size? Because that’s the size it was when I pulled it out of the scrap drawer.)
- Whisper White CS cut to 5-1/4″ x 4″ for the inside of the card base
Stamped with the Sweetest Thing stamp set:
- sentiment in black ink onto the Pineapple Punch CS strip
- candy jar in black ink onto a scrap of Whisper White CS
- jelly beans in black ink inside the candy jar
- 3 wrapped candies in black ink onto a scrap of Whisper White CS
Colored using Stampin’ Write Markers:
- jelly beans in Coastal Cabana, Granny Apple Green, Melon Mambo, Pineapple Punch, and Highland Heather
- 3 candies in Granny Apple Green
- NOTE: You can use Gorgeous Grape with a Blender Pen instead of the Highland Heather.
Die cut using the Jar of Sweets Framelits:
- candy jar and 3 candies
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- Whisper White CS layer glued onto the front of the card base
- DSP layer glued onto the Whisper White CS layer
- Pineapple Punch CS strip glued onto the DSP layer
- candy jar glued onto the DSP layer and sentiment strip
- 3 candies glued onto DSP layer
- Whisper White CS glued onto the inside of the card base
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase.
Preorder the Climbing Roses Online Class by March 13!
- Make 6 beautiful cards at home in your PJs!
- 2 each of 3 designs
- perfect for anyone, including for Mom on Mother’s Day!
- Limited spots available!
Click on the image below for details:
Here are some helpful links:
- Sale-a-bration!!!– earn free items!
- New Sale-a-bration Coordination items!
- Shop my online store
- Clearance Rack
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and daily blog updates.
- March Host Code RHZ6NBS7 – receive free product!
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
- Have you shopped from me within the past year? Join my private VIP Facebook group for exclusive project tutorials and more!
- Join my team! Sale-a-bration is a super time to join! You get so much extra!!!
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!