Today’s card is for Mother’s Day. I used the Tea Together stamp set and the coordinating Tea Time Framelits Dies, but only the flowers, and not the more obvious teapot and teacup. I plopped the flowers into vases from the Vibrant Vases stamp set, and cut using the Vases Builder Punch. For the background, I used the Petal Burst Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (TIEF) to create a totally floral motif.
Here’s what I made:
You may notice at the bottom right corner of the card front, I neglected to get the corner of the layer stuck down properly before taking the picture. I’m not sure how I didn’t notice that, but rest assured it is fixed now.
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my Stampin’ Trimmer:
- Mossy Meadow card stock (CS) cut to 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, then scored in half at 4-1/4″
- Mango Melody CS cut to 5-1/4″ x 4″
- Whisper White CS cut to 4″ x 1″
- Whisper White Cs cut to 5-1/4″ x 4″ for the inside of the card
Stamped with the Tea Together stamp set:
- sentiment in Mossy Meadow ink onto the 1″ strip of Whisper White CS
- flowers (1 large, 1 medium, and 3 rose buds) and 3 leaves in Memento black ink onto a scrap of Whisper White CS
- 2 large flowers in Daffodil Delight ink onto the Whisper White CS for the inside of the card
Stamped with the Vibrant Vases stamp set:
- the 3 vases in Mossy Meadow ink onto a scrap of Whisper White CS
Colored using Stampin’ Blends Markers:
- all the Memento black ink stamped flowers and leaves: flowers in Daffodil Delight and Mango Melody, and leaves in Old Olive
Die cut using the Tea Time Framelits:
- the colored flowers and leaves
Embossed using the Petal Burst embossing folder:
- Mango Melody CS layer
Cut using the Vases Builder Punch:
- the 3 vases
Cut using the Banner Triple Punch:
- the left end of the sentiment strip
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- adhere a piece of Old Olive 1/8″ ribbon onto the embossed Mango Melody CS layer, securing the ends on the back with Tear & Tape
- embossed Mango Melody CS layer glued onto the front of the card base
- piece of the same ribbon tied around the first piece, and tied in a bow – I secured the bow to the card using a Mini Glue Dot
- flowers and leaves glued together with vases, then adhered onto the embossed Mango Melody CS layer, over the ribbon, using Stampin’ Dimensionals
- sentiment glued onto the embossed Mango Melody CS layer
- Whisper White CS glued onto the inside of the card base
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase.
Preorder the Fable Friends Online Class by February 27!
- Make 6 adorable cards at home in your PJs!
- 2 each of 3 designs
- Perfect for Spring!
- Limited spots available!
Click on the image below for details:
Here are some helpful links to check out:
- Sale-a-bration!!!– earn free items!
- Shop my online store
- Clearance Rack
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and daily blog updates.
- February Host Code X2T6W47T – receive free product!
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
- Have you shopped from me within the past year? Join my private VIP Facebook group for exclusive project tutorials and more!
- Join my team! Sale-a-bration is a super time to join! You get so much extra!!!
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!