I love showing off my very talented Candy Hearts team members. In the next several days I’ll be sharing cards made by some of them for our March team gathering. There was a creative challenge to make a sympathy card. They aren’t fun to make, but it’s good to have them on hand. Today I’m sharing a sympathy card made by Debbie Catlett of Chattanooga, TN. She used the Thought & Prayers stamp set and the Pretty Label Punch to create this very elegant card.
Here’s what she made:
Here’s what she did:
Cut and scored with her Stampin’ Trimmer:
- Whisper White Thick card stock (CS) cut to 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″, then scored in half at 4-1/4″
- Basic Gray CS cut to 4″ x 5-1/4″ (2 pieces)
- Whisper White CS cut to 3-3/4″ x 45″ (2 pieces)
Stamped with the Thoughts & Prayers stamp set:
- floral branch in Basic Gray ink onto the Whisper White CS layer for the front of the card
- part of the floral branch in Basic Gray ink onto the Whisper White CS layer for the inside of the card
- sentiment in Basic Gray ink onto a scrap of Whisper White CS
Cut using the Pretty Label Punch:
- scrap of Basic Gray CS
Colored using a Stampin’ Blends Marker:
- three Pearl Basic Jewels in Dark Smoky Slate
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- front Whisper White CS layer glued onto one of the Basic Gray CS layers
- Basic Gray layer glued onto the front of the card base
- inside Whisper White CS layer glued onto the second Basic Gray CS layers
- the second Basic Gray CS layer glued onto the inside of the card base
- Basic Gray punched shape glued onto the front Whisper White CS layer
- sentiment adhered to the Basic Gray punched shape and the front Whisper White CS layer with Stampin’ Dimensionals
- three gray pearls applied to the sentiment
- Basic Gray ribbon wrapped around the front of the card base and tied in a small bow
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what she used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase.
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!