Today’s card is for a little boy’s birthday. I used the number 5, but you can use whichever age you need. It opens up to show an open toy chest made with the upcoming Wood Crate Framelits Dies. I used quite a few different products, and I had a whole lot of fun putting it all together.
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my Stampin’ Trimmer:
- Soft Sky card stock (CS) cut to 11″ x 4-1/4″, then scored in half at 5-1/2″
- Real Red CS cut to 5-3/8″ x 4-1/8″
- Daffodil Delight CS cut to 5-1/4″ x 4″
- Pacific Point CS cut to 5-1/8″ x 3-7/8″
- 1/4″ strips of Wood Textures Designer Series Paper (DSP) for the inside of the box
Stamped with the Moon Baby stamp set:
- stars in Soft Sky ink onto the inside of the Soft Sky card base
- stars in Pacific Point ink onto the Pacific Point layer
Stamped with the Guy Greetings stamp set:
- front sentiment in Versamark ink onto Pacific Point layer, then heat embossed in white
Stamped with the Number of Years stamp set:
- inside sentiment in Early Espresso ink onto the inside of the Soft Sky card base
Stamped with the Baby Bear stamp set:
- first layer of three step bear in Sahara Sand ink onto Whisper White CS
- second layer in Crumb Cake ink (stamped off once)
- third layer in Crumb Cake ink
Stamped with the No Bones About It stamp set:
- first dinosaur in Old Olive ink onto Whisper White CS
- second dinosaur in Pumpkin Pie ink onto Whisper White CS
- third dinosaur in Pacific Point ink onto Whisper White CS
- fourth dinosaur in Perfect Plum ink onto Whisper White CS
Die cut using the Wood Crates Framelits:
- 2 crates pieces from Wood Textures (DSP)
Die cut using the Large Letters Framelits:
- the letters B,O, and Y from Wood Textures DSP
- the letters B,O, and Y from Early Espresso CS
Die cut using the Large Numbers Framelits:
- the number 5 from Wood Textures DSP
- the number 5 from Early Espresso CS
Fussy cut with Paper Snips:
- bear and dinosaurs
Made ball with Layering Circles Framelits:
- Pacific Point CS, Daffodil Delight CS, and Real Red CS cut with the same circle die
- Pacific Point CS and Daffodil Delight CS circles cut down with a slightly larger circle die, then glued onto Real Red circle
- each section outlined with a Stampin’ Write Marker in the same color (Pacific Point, Daffodil Delight, and Real Red)
Assembled the card:
- cut the bottom off of one of the die cut crate pieces
- glued the sides of both crate pieces together
- two 1/4′ strips of DSP glued inside the box, to adhere the toys to
- flipped crate upside down, so the bottom is now the lid
- bear glued to inside of crate, in the back
- ball glued to the back strip inside crate
- dinosaurs glued to the front strip inside crate
- crate glued to inside of Soft Sky card base as shown in photo, so that it folds flat when the card is closed
- DSP “5” glued to Early Espresso “5”, slightly offset, then glued to inside of card base
- DSP “BOY” glued to Early Espresso “BOY”, slightly offset, then glued to Pacific Point layer
- Pacific Point CS layer glued to Daffodil CS Delight layer
- Daffodil Delight CS layer glued to Real Red CS layer
- Real Red CS layer glued to front of card base
Here’s what I used:
Click on the images for more details and to purchase.
Saturday, June 3, 2017, 9am-5pm
You’ll have 8 hours with no kids, no pets, no job, no worries – just fun with friends stamping and shopping!
Register here by May 20. Prepayment is necessary to make sure I have enough of everything on hand. Space is limited so register soon. Also, the earlier you register, the more prize drawing tickets you will receive at the door!
Eastern Palace Bundles
The 2017-2018 Annual Catalog goes live June 1, but you can order the brand new Eastern Palace Bundles now, just like we Demonstrators can! Through May 31, you can order these exclusive bundles, and get a head start on making beautiful projects with these amazing new products. Included in this early release are three of the new In Colors: Fresh Fig, Lemon Lime Twist, and Tranquil Tide.
Get them now by clicking on the images below:
May Host Code
Use the Host Code on online orders less than $15o. See how to use a Host Code here.
Online orders of $75-149.99 placed with the Host Code will receive the FREE gift of the month!
Online orders of $150 or more will automatically receive the FREE gift of the month! Do not use the Host Code.
May’s FREE gift is a pack of Metallic Enamel Shapes. Each pack contains:
- 100 enamel shapes, 50 each in gold and silver foil.
- 1 sheet per color: gold and silver
- Each sheet has 15 mini circles, 10 small circles, 10 hearts, and 15 stars.
(I can ship within US only.)
Click here to shop my online store!
Swatch Books & Paper Shares
for the brand new
2017-2018 Annual Catalog
Designer Series Papers
are coming soon!
I can start taking orders May 25, and I’ll begin shipping them out the first week of June.
Click here for more details!
Gum Ball Rewards
Need to organize your craft space? Stamp n Storage is having a sale!
2017 Spring sale offers 15% off Stamp-n-Storage products (excluding Starter Kits) and will go through Monday, May 15.
Special $250 giveaway for Mother’s Day called #InspiredByMom.
Click on the image above for details.
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!