I know it’s a day past, but I have one more Valentine to share with you. It’s the one I made for my sweet hubby. It’s a card that becomes a box with hearts exploding out of it. The Hardwood background stamp creates the wooden box, and the Meant to Be and Forever Lovely stamp sets provide the sentiments. All the hearts are cut using the Be Mine Framelits Dies (available bundled with the Meant to Be stamp set to save 10%.) The front sentiment is cut out using Circle Punches.
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my Stampin’ Trimmer:
- Crumb Cake card stock (CS) cut to 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″, then scored along the 8-1/2″ side at 2″, 4″, 6″ and 8″, and scored along the 5-1/2″ side at 2-3/4″ through all but the last 2″ section (see template below: score all lines, then cut along solid lines)
- Real Red CS cut to 1-7/8″ x 2-5/8″ (3 pieces)
- Real Red CS cut to 1-7/8″ x 5-3/8″ (2 pieces)
- Whisper White CS cut to 1-3/4″ x 5-1/4″
- Real Red CS cut to 1/2″ x 8″, then scored at 1/2″, 2-1/2″, 3″, 5″, 5-1/2″, and 7-1/2″
- Real Red CS cut to 1/2″ x 3″ (one for each heart coming out of the box) You may need to shorten them as needed for each heart.
Stamped with the Hardwood stamp:
- outside of the box in Crumb Cake ink
- I missed the very bottom of the box, so I cut a 1/2″ strip of Crumb Cake CS, stamped it, and glued it around the bottom of the box to hide my booboo.
Stamped with the Meant to Be stamp set:
- front sentiment in Real Red ink onto a scrap of Whisper White CS
Stamped with the Forever Lovely stamp set:
- back sentiment and hearts onto the Whisper White CS layer
Die cut using the Be Mine Framelits:
- assorted hearts from scraps of Real Red, Crumb Cake, and Whisper White CS, including 3 large Whisper White hearts for the box flaps
- I cut one of the detailed hearts, but it was too large for the box. I did use the tiny heart that came out of it to glue onto the front sentiment.
Cut using Circle Punches (or you could use the Layering Circles Framelits Dies):
- front sentiment using the 1-3/4″ punch
- scrap of Crumc Bake CS using the 2″ punch
Assembled the Valentine:
- burnished the folds in the card/box , and in the scored strip, with a Bone Folder
- largest Real Red CS layers glued onto both sides of the back box
- Whisper White CS layer glued onto the Real Red CS layer on the back
- front sentiment glued onto the Crumb Cake CS circle
- Crumb Cake CS circle glued onto the front side of the back of the box, at the top
- 1/2″ box flap glued onto the inside of the opposite end, to create the body of the box
- folded down the three box flaps
- folded the scored strip of CS and inserted it into the box, gluing the 1/2″ sections to the sides of the box. This provided spots to glue the small hearts.
- a 3″ strip glued to each heart, then glued to a crosspiece inside the box, arranging the hearts as desired. Be sure the hearts don’t go too far out to the side or they will stick out the sides when the card is closed. Mine stick out just a little but, but they push in easily when it’s put into an envelope.
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase.
Here is this week’s online class!
Happiness Blooms Online Class
- make 26 colorful cards at home in your PJs!
- 2 each of 10 designs, plus 6 individual card designs
- Preorder February 14-20
- limited spots available
Click on the image below for details:
Here are some helpful links to check out:
- Sale-a-bration!!!– earn free items!
- Shop my online store
- Clearance Rack
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and daily blog updates.
- February Host Code X2T6W47T – receive free product!
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
- Have you shopped from me within the past year? Join my private VIP Facebook group for exclusive project tutorials and more!
- Join my team! Sale-a-bration is a super time to join! You get so much extra!!!
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!