Welcome to InKing Royalty’s March Blog Hop! This year’s Blog Hop themes are inspired by a single word – and this month our projects are centered around GREEN. We are excited to share our creations with you today – there’s a wonderful variety of styles and occasions celebrated in this hop! After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
When I was trying to come up with an idea for the green theme, I thought of leaves and grass first. Then military. Saint Patrick’s Day is over so I didn’t want to go there. Then I thought of money. (If you’re outside the US you probably have different colors of currency, but here in the states we only have the one color: green.) I thought of making a money holder. Then I remembered the Pocketful of Sunshine stamp set has a stamp of a folded up bill! So I had my stamp set, and coordinating dies, picked out.
Then I had to decide which color of green. The pocket brought to mind a shirt I saw very recently that was green plaid, and had a lot of different greens, so I used that for inspiration. To loosely mimic the plaid, I wove together strips of card stock in assorted greens for the background. I used a Floral Romance Seal as a coin.
Here’s what I made:
I think it’s interesting to see all these greens together like this. Lemon Lime Twist looks yellow; Shaded Spruce looks blue; and Mossy Meadow looks brown.
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my Stampin’ Trimmer:
- Very Vanilla Thick card stock (CS) cut to 4-1/4″ x 11″, then scored in half at 5-1/2″
- various size strips of CS: Lemon Lime Twist, Granny Apple Green, Pear Pizzazz, Old Olive, Garden Green, Mossy Meadow, Shaded Spruce, Tranquil Tide, and Call Me Clover
Stamped with the Pocketful of Sunshine stamp set:
- pocket stitching in Shaded Spruce ink onto a scrap of Call Me Clover CS
- sentiment in Shaded Spruce ink onto the pocket
- money in Shaded Spruce ink onto a scrap of Soft Sea Foam CS
Die cut using the Pocket Framelits Dies:
- pocket and money
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- wove strips of CS together and held them together on the back with tape
- cut the woven CS to 4″ x 5-1/4″, then glued it onto the front of the card base
- glued pocket onto the woven layer
- tucked the stamped money into the pocket and glued into place
- tucked a self-adhesive gold seal “coin” into the pocket
Here’s the IRBH Green Blog Hop:
Thank you for hopping along with us today. I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, the amazing Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations! There’s a lot of inspiration to be found in this group – and you don’t want to miss any of it!
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Shawn de Oliveira at Shawn Stamps
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy <— YOU ARE HERE
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Robin Myren at Songbird Designs by Robin
- Robbye Hamilton at Miss Hammie’s Crafts
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase.
Today is the last day!
Preorder the Geared Up Garage Manly Card Online Class!
- Make 6 masculine cards at home in your PJs!
- 2 each of 3 designs
- manly designs for birthday, Father’s Day, or just to say I love you
- Limited spots available
Click on the image below for details:
Here are some helpful links to check out:
- Sale-a-bration!!!– earn free items!
- Shop my online store
- Clearance Rack
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and daily blog updates.
- March Host Code RHZ6NBS7 – receive free product!
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
- Have you shopped from me within the past year? Join my private VIP Facebook group for exclusive project tutorials and more!
- Join my team! Sale-a-bration is a super time to join! You get so much extra, like this amazing tote!
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!