The eclipse technique is all the rage right now. It looks difficult and complicated, but it’s deceptively easy. At the September Candy Hearts Team Meeting, Judy Newsome demonstrated this technique, and we all got to make this awesome Fall card that she designed. The Vintage Leaves stamp set and the Large Letters Framelits Dies are the stars of the card.
Here’s what she made:
Here’s what she did:
Cut and scored with my Stampin’ Trimmer:
- Very Vanilla Thick card stock (CS) cut to 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, then scored in half at 4-1/4″
- Fresh Fig CS cut to 5-3/8″ x 4-1/8″
- Very Vanilla CS* cut to 5-1/4″ x 4″
- Very Vanilla CS* cut to 1/2″ x 3″
- * the top layers can be either regular or thick Very Vanilla CS, but the card base needs to be the thick CS
Stamped with the Vintage Leaves stamp set:
- assorted leaves in Fresh Fig, Always Artichoke, Crushed Curry, Cajun Craze, and Early Espresso inks onto the Very Vanilla CS layer
Stamped with the Sunshine Sayings stamp set:
- sentiment in Fresh Fig ink onto the Very Vanilla CS strip, then cut the ends into points with Paper Snips
Die cut using the Large Letters Framelit Dies:
- four letters: F A L L
- Line up the letters on the Very Vanilla CS layer (with leaves) and run through the Big Shot
- Keep all pieces that are cut, including the little triangle from the center of the A
Assembled the card:
- 5-1/4″ piece of Burlap ribbon adhered to the Very Vanilla CS layer with Tear & Tape, then wrapped ends around to the back side (or you could use Fast Fuse)
- Very Vanilla CS layer glued onto the Fresh Fig CS layer
- letters placed into their negative spaces and adhered with Foam Adhesive Strips
- glue the center piece of the A to the Fresh Fig CS layer down in the raised A
- Fresh Fig CS glued onto the front of the card base
- sentiment adhered to the burlap ribbon with Stampin’ Dimensionals
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what she used:
Click on the images for more details and to purchase.
Here are some key points to remember:
- World Card Making Day Sale October 1-10, 15% off select card making essentials. See details HERE.
- Designer Series Paper Sale October 1-31, Buy 3 Get 1 FREE! See details HERE.
- Hostess Code for the month of October (HGB2HGXK)
Find out more about HOW, WHEN and WHY to use that HERE.
- October’s FREE gift
Mini Pizza Boxes
Find out more HERE.
- New Merry Patterns Hostess Stamp Set – added to your Host Rewards
There’s a brand new stamp set that isn’t in any catalog. You can’t buy it, but you can get if for free with a qualifying order! You can host a party, or place your own order, or join under me and get a 20% discount on your demonstrator order. Find out more HERE.
- Gumball Rewards for all orders over $50
Find out more HERE.
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!