Yesterday I told you how I’d been in a coloring mood, and I shared a card that I colored using Stampin’ Write Markers. For today’s card, I used an Aqua Painter to watercolor on Shimmery White card stock. I stamped the flower and sentiment from the Beautiful Day stamp set in Archival Basic Black ink, so it wouldn’t smear with the water. I’ve been in the mood for soft Springy colors, so that’s how I colored this card. Berry Burst is a pretty deep color, but that’s the nice thing about watercoloring. You can water down the color to make it much lighter. Another thing I like about it is that you don’t really know what it’s going to look like until it dries. It’s always a little surprise, which I think is fun.
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my Stampin’ Trimmer:
- Shimmery White card stock (CS) cut to 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, then scored in half at 4-1/4″
- Shimmery White CS cut to 5-1/4″ x 4″
Stamped with the Beautiful Day stamp set:
- flower and sentiment in Archival Basic Black ink onto the 5-1/4″ x 4″ Shimmery White CS layer
Watercolored using the Aqua Painters:
- flower in Berry Burst
- flower center in Daffodil Delight
- leaf in Lemon Lime Twist
- background in Pool Party
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- completely dried watercolored layer glued onto the front of the card base
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase.
Here’s some cool stuff for you check out:
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!