When I saw the rooster in the Wood Words Bundle (Wood Words stamp set and Wood Crate Framelits Dies) I thought of a weather vane. The coordinating Wood Textures Designer Series Paper (DSP) is perfect for an old barn roof. And the Wherever You Go stamp set has a perfect sentiment for a card about directions. So…
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my Stampin’ Trimmer:
- Early Espresso card stock (CS) cut to 4-1/4″ x 11″, then scored in half at 5-1/2″
- Copper Foil Sheet cut to 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″
- Soft Sky CS cut to 4″ x 5-1/4″ (2 pieces)
- Wood Textures Designer Series Paper (DSP) cut to 4″ x 1-1/2″
- DSP cut to 4″ x 1/2″
- strips of Copper Foil Sheet (one about 1/4″ x 3″, and three about 1/8″ x 3″) – also used Paper snips to cut a small triangle of Copper Foil Sheet
Stamped with the Wherever You Go stamp set:
- sentiment in Early Espresso ink onto one of the Soft Sky CS pieces
- compass in Soft Sky ink onto the same piece (if you look closely, I accidentally stamped them all upside down, but you won’t make that mistake, right?)
Stamped with the Letters for You stamp set:
- “SEE” in Whisper White Craft ink onto the larger piece of DSP (This is supposed to represent part of a “See Rock City” barn roof. They used to be all over the country.)
- then set the ink with the Heat Tool
Die cut using the Wood Crate Framelits:
- rooster from a scrap of Copper Foil Sheet
Cut with Circle Punches:
- Copper Foil scrap with 1/2″ punch
- DSP scrap with 1″ punch
Age the weather vane:
- loosely sponge Basic Black ink onto the Copper Foil pieces of the weather vane, without fully covering them – the copper should peak through
Assembled the card:
- 1/2″ strip of DSP glued onto the stamped Soft Sky CS piece
- cut 1″ DSP circle into fourths and glued them onto the corners of the stamped Soft Sky CS piece
- stamped Soft Sky CS piece glued to the inside of the card base
- weather vane pieces glued to the plain Soft Sky CS piece as shown
- 4″ x 1-1/2″ DSP glued to the bottom of the plain Soft Sky CS piece, covering the bottom of the vane post
- used Journaling Marker size 01 to write the directional letters onto the Soft Sky CS around the vane
- this Soft Sky CS piece adhered to the Copper Foil Sheet layer with Fast Fuse
- Copper Foil Sheet layer adhered to front of the card base with Fast Fuse
- NOTE: I prefer to use Fast Fuse on the metallic foil sheets instead of glue because I think it holds better. I did glue the weather vane pieces, because they were so small
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on the images for more details and to purchase.
For every $50 you spend in July, you get a $5 coupon to spend in August! Click here for details.
If you join my team in July, you will receive $72 EXTRA FREE PRODUCT! There is no obligation to sell. There’s no risk at all! Click here for the details.
Plus if you join now, you’ll be able to preorder items from the upcoming Holiday Catalog in July and August!
July Host Code
Use the Host Code on online orders less than $150. See how to use a Host Code here.
Online orders of $75-149.99 placed with the Host Code will receive the FREE gift of the month!
Online orders of $150 or more will automatically receive the FREE gift of the month! Do not use the Host Code.
July’s FREE gift is a pack of 3″ x 6″ Gusseted Cellophane Bags! Use these bags for treat or gift bags. Just pop the treat or gift into one of our shiny cellophane bags and add a stamped header. These bags are also great for storing finished projects, parts for future projects, or any other odds and ends
* 25 gusseted bags
* 3″ x 6″ (7.6 x 15.2 cm)
* Stampable with StazOn ink
* Food safe
* Acid free
(I can ship within US only.)
“No Contact” orders are not eligible for the free gift.
Click here to shop my online store!