Today I’m sharing a peekaboo card I made with products from the Whale of a Time Suite. When the card is closed, you see a whale peeking through a round window. When you open it, the whale disappears and the sentiment is in the window. I was surprised at how easy this was to put together. To me, the hardest part about a peekaboo card is getting the round holes to line up just right. I used the Whale Done Bundle (Whale Done stamp set and Whale Builder Punch) and Whale of a Time Designer Series Paper.
If you are reading this in email, some photos may appear blurry, or may not appear at all. Please click here to see the post on my blog.
S peekaboo card peekaboo card peekaboo card peekaboo card
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my paper trimmer:
- first piece of Calypso Coral card stock (CS) cut to 8-1/2″ x 4-1/4″, then scored in half at 4-1/4″
- second piece of Calypso Coral CS cut to 8-1/4″ x 4-1/4″, then scored at 5-1/2″
- third piece of Calypso Coral CS cut to 5-3/4″ x 4-1/4″, then scored at 5-1/2″
- Whale of a Time Designer Series Paper (DSP) layer cut to 5-3/8″ x 4-1/8″ for front of card
- 2 pieces of DSP cut to about 3″ x 3″ (light blue water)
Stamped with the Whale Done stamp set:
- sentiment in Pacific Point ink onto one of the 3″ DSP pieces
- tiny fish in Calypso Coral, Pacific Point, Granny Apple Green, and Shaded Spruce inks onto the large DSP layer
- coral and seaweed in Calypso Coral, Granny Apple Green, and Shaded Spruce inks onto the inside of the card front
Cut using the Layering Circle Dies:
- using the 4th largest plain circle die, cut the large DSP layer, larger part of the 8-1/4″ Calypso Coral CS, and both halves of the 8-1/2″ Calypso Coral CS, making sure they all line up with each other
Cut using the Whale Builder Punch:
- whale from a piece of DSP
Assembled the peekaboo card:
- burnished the folds in the three Calypso Coral CS pieces with a Bone Folder
- large DSP layer glued onto the larger side of the 8-1/4″ Calypso Coral CS, lining up the die cut holes
- one half of the 8-1/2″ Calypso Coral CS glued onto the back of the 8-1/4″ Calypso Coral CS, lining up the die cut holes
- 1/4″ flap of the 5-3/4″ Calypso Coral CS glued onto the back of the loose end (opposite the end glued onto the 8-1/2″ piece)
- small DSP layer with sentiment glued onto the smaller side of the 8-1/4″ Calypso Coral CS, so it will show through the holes when the card is closed
- other small DSP layer glued onto the 5-3/4″ Calypso Coral CS so it will show through the holes
- whale glued onto the small DSP layer so it shows through the holes
- fold as shown in the photos
Only 10 days left to earn Bonus Days coupons!
For each $50 you spend on an order now through Monday, August 3, 2020, you will receive a $5 coupon code to use in August! Click the image below to shop now!
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase. If you are reading this post in email, the product images may not show up. Please click here to see the post on my blog. <— Click for a clickable and printable list of the products!
Here are some helpful links:
- July Host Code 6VQYQF43 – receive free product!
- Shop my online store
- Clearance Rack
- Request a free catalog
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and/or daily blog updates.
- Paper Pumpkin: buy a Prepaid Subscription or subscribe month-to-month
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
- Have you shopped from me within the past year? Join my private VIP Facebook group for exclusive project tutorials and more!
- Join my team and enjoy a 20% discount (or more) on all your purchases! You choose $125 in products and pay only $99, and get free shipping! No obligation! No selling required!
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!