Today’s card is one I made for a Monochromatic challenge in the Candy Hearts. I chose Whisper White as my one color. Texture is very important when making a monochromatic project. I used the Beads & Baubles embossing folder, Royal Peacock bundle with heat embossing, Sweet Silhouettes Dies, and Pearl Basic Jewels for the texture on this card.
Just in case you’re wondering, there really are white peafowl:
Here’s what I made:
I didn’t feel the die cut dots over the “i”s really showed up, so I replaced them with pearls.
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my paper trimmer:
- Whisper White Thick card stock (CS) cut to 4-1/4″ x 11″, then scored in half at 5-1/2″
- Whisper White CS layer cut to 4″ x 5-1/4″
Stamped using the Noble Peacock stamp set:
- peacock in Versamark ink onto a scrap of Whisper White CS, then heat embossed in white
Cut using the Detailed Peacock Dies:
- heat embossed peacock
Cut using the Sweet Silhouettes Dies:
- sentiment from a scrap of Whisper White Thick CS
Embossed using the Beads & Baubles Embossing Folder:
- Whisper White CS layer
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- embossed Whisper White CS layer glued onto the front of the card base
- heat embossed peacock glued onto the Whisper White CS layer
- die cut sentiment glued over the peacock
- 3 pearls added: 2 to dot the “i”s in the sentiment, and 1 as the peacock’s eye
Here is today’s color:
You can click on it to see all the products that come in this color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase.
Supply List <– Click here for a clickable and printable list!
Preorder the Pretty Petals Online Class by September 5:
- Make 6 cards at home in your PJs!
- 2 each of 3 designs
- Features the Pretty Petals Suite on pages 72-74 of the 2019-2020 Annual Catalog
- I’ve done the trimming and scoring for you!
- You’ll receive the stamp set, dies, embossing folder, pre-cut card kits, and 6 Very Vanilla envelopes.
- Full detailed instructions
- Limited spots available
Click on the image below for details and class options, or copy and paste this link into your browser: https://stampcandy.net/online-classes/pretty-petals-class-preorder/
Here are some helpful links:
- Shop my online store
- Clearance Rack
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and daily blog updates.
- September Host Code 6TNW9P6Z – receive free product!
- Paper Pumpkin: buy a Prepaid Subscription or subscribe month to month
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
- Have you shopped from me within the past year? Join my private VIP Facebook group for exclusive project tutorials and more!
- Join my team and enjoy a 20% discount (or more) on all your purchases! You choose $125 in products and pay only $99, and get free shipping! No obligation! No selling required!
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!