Once again, my Rising Star friends decided to do a card swap for the new catalog. We each made 2 cards from 4 stamp sets, so 8 different cards total. Today I’m sharing one of the cards I made for the swap. I used the Cake Soiree stamp set (which comes in a bundle with the Sweet Cake Thinlits Dies to save you 10%!) and the coordinating Sweet Soiree Specialty Designer Series Paper. This paper has a design with metallic silver on one side and a beautiful non-metallic designs on the other – all the designs are just lovely. I used one of the designs with silver on today’s card.
The Sweet Soiree paper has 12 different gorgeous patterns, 6 of them with silver!
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my Stampin’ Trimmer:
- Calypso Coral card stock (CS) cut to 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, then scored in half at 4-1/4″
- Silver Foil Sheet cut to 5-1/4″ x 4″
- Sweet Soiree Designer Series Paper (DSP) cut to 5″ x 3-3/4″
- Calypso Coral CS cut to 2-1/2″ x 1-1/8″
- Whisper White CS cut to 2-3/8″ x 1″
- Whisper White CS cut to 5-1/4″ x 4″ for the inside
Stamped with the Cake Soiree stamp set:
- sentiment in Old Olive and Berry Burst inks onto the smaller piece of Whisper White CS
- NOTE: I held the stamp and the ink pad at eye level so I could see where they met. I inked the lower part of the sentiment with the Berry Burst ink pad, then turned the stamp around and inked the upper part of the sentiment with the Old Olive ink pad.
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- Silver Foil layer glued onto the front of the card base
- DSP layer glued onto the Silver Foil layer
- sentiment glued onto the Calypso Coral CS piece
- Calypso Coral CS piece adhered to DSP with Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Silver Baker’s Twine tied into a bow and adhered to the sentiment with a Mini Glue Dot
- larger piece of Whisper White CS glued to the inside of the card base
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase.
- This is a fabulous time to join my team! Sale-A-Bration is the biggest event of the Stampin’ Up! year and you can save big on the ultimate bundle, the Starter Kit. CLICK HERE for more information. Contact me with any questions: email [email protected] or call/text 404-661-5222
- Newsletter: subscribe for exclusive deals, projects, and more! Enter your email address and click SUBSCRIBE at the top right of this page, just under the picture of my smiling face. You can also choose to receive an email every day that I have a blog post.
- Check out My Events Calendar HERE
- Host Code for the month of January (XNNMNZSZ) Find out more about HOW, WHEN and WHY to use the code HERE.
- My Thank You Gift to You in January: Silver Embossing Paste – Find out more HERE.
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me – email: [email protected] OR call/text: 404-661-5222
- Gumball Rewards for all orders over $50. Find out more HERE.
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!