Today’s I’m sharing a Mother’s Day card I made using the You’re Inspiring stamp set. You can see another card I made using this same stamp set HERE. I used an Aqua Painter to watercolor the background of the main layer in a haphazard fashion. I also watercolored the piece I stamped the sentiment on – I wanted it to be lighter than the card stock so the sentiment would show better.
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my Stampin’ Trimmer:
- Daffodil Delight card stock (CS) cut to 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, then scored in half at 4-1/4″
- Shimmery White CS layer cut to 5-1/4″ x 4″
- Whisper White CS cut to 2-3/4″ x 1″
- Whisper White CS cut to 5-1/4″ x 4″ for the inside of the card base
Stamped with the You’re Inspiring stamp set:
- Daffodil image in Stazon black ink
- sentiment in Old Olive ink onto a watercolored piece of Shimmery White CS (see below)
Die cut using the Merry Christmas Thinlits:
Cut using the Bitty Blooms Punch Pack:
- all four corners of the 2-3/4″ x 1″ Whisper White CS, with the rounded petal of a flower punch
Colored using Watercolor Pencils:
- flowers in Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, and Whisper White
Colored using an Aqua Painter:
- background in Pear Pizzazz ink, around the flowers
- stems & leaves in Old Olive
- scrap of Shimmery White CS for the sentiment in Daffodil Delight (let it dry before stamping the sentiment above)
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- Shimmery White CS layer glued onto the front of the card base
- a piece of Daffodil Delight ribbon, a piece of Pear Pizzazz ribbon, and a piece of Old Olive ribbon adhered onto the Shimmery White CS layer using Tear & Tape
- sentiment glued onto the small piece of Shimmery White CS, then adhered over the ribbons using Stampin’ Dimensionals
- 3 Pear Pizzazz sequins glued onto the watercolored background
- Whisper White CS glued onto the inside of the card base
Just to be clear on the order of steps for the layers:
For the large Shimmery White CS layer:
- stamped the flowers.
- water colored the background around the flowers, and let it dry.
- water colored the leaves and stems
- colored the centers of the flowers
For the sentiment layer:
- water colored the layer, then let it dry completely.
- stamped the sentiment.
- die cut
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase.
Preorder the Vibrant Vases Online Class by April 10:
- Make 6 gorgeous cards at home in your PJs!
- 2 each of 3 designs
- perfect for assorted occasions including love, celebration, and thanks
- You’ll receive all you need to make the cards, including the stamp set, punch, and the precut/prescored card kits PLUS a stamping template for the punch.
- Limited spots available
Click on the image below for details and class options:
Here are some helpful links:
- Shop my online store
- Clearance Rack
- NEW Storage by Stampin’ Up!
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and daily blog updates.
- April Host Code G – receive free product!
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
- Have you shopped from me within the past year? Join my private VIP Facebook group for exclusive project tutorials and more!
- Join my team!
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!