Today I’m sharing another card I made using the Christmas Means More stamp set and ‘Tis the Season Designer Series Paper. I also used the Layering Ovals Dies, Peek-a-Hoot Dies, and Sweetest Borders Dies to create this fun singing reindeer. I used to do a lot of what we used to call “punch art” – creating something using punched (or die cut) pieces. I’m not sure why I stopped, because I always enjoyed it. One of my faves was this reindeer. Today I made his using die cut shapes.
If you are reading this in email, some photos may appear blurry, or may not appear at all. Please click here to see the post on my blog.
S Christmas Means More Christmas Means More Christmas Means More Christmas Means More
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my paper trimmer:
- Crumb Cake card stock (CS) cut to 4-1/4″ x 11″, then scored in half at 5-1/2″
- Whisper White CS layer cut to 4″ x 5-1/4″
- ‘Tis the Season Designer Series Paper (DSP) layer cut to 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″
- Real Red CS cut to 3″ x 1-1/2″, then scored in half at 1-1/2″
- Crumb Cake CS cut to 3/8″ x 1″, then scored in half at 1/2″ (2 pieces)
- Early Espresso CS cut to 3/8″ x 1/2″ (2 pieces)
- Whisper White CS cut to 4″ x 5-1/4″ for the inside of the card base
- DSP strip cut to 4″ x 7/8″
Stamped with the Christmas Means More stamp set:
- sentiment in Real Red ink onto the Whisper White CS for the inside
Cut scraps of CS using the Layering Ovals Dies:
- Crumb Cake CS using the largest die
- Crumb Cake CS using a middle sized die
- Whisper White CS using a middle sized die
- Basic Black CS using the smallest die
Cut using the Peek-a-Hoot Dies:
- a scrap of Early Espresso CS using the larger branch die
Cut using the Sweetest Borders Dies:
- a scrap of Real Red CS using the little circle die
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- Basic Black CS oval glued onto the smaller Crumb Cake CS oval, near the bottom end, to make the head
- Whisper White CS oval glued onto the larger Crumb Cake CS oval, near the top end, to make the body
- bottom end of smaller Crumb Cake oval glued onto the top end of the larger Crumb Cake oval
- Early Espresso branches glued onto the back of the head, near the top, going out to the side instead of straight up
- small Real Red CS circle glued onto the very tip of the head, for the nose
- reindeer glued onto the DSP layer, then excess body trimmed away from the bottom edge (leaving the sides of the body loose if you want the song book to stand out from the card front)
- fold in the Real Red CS burnished with a Bone Folder, to make the song book
- fold in each 3/8″ x 1″ piece of Crumb Cake CS burnished with a Bone Folder, to make the arms
- 3/8″ x 1/2″ piece of Early Espresso CS glued onto one end of each 3/8″ x 1″ piece of Crumb Cake CS
- Early Espresso ends rounded with Paper Snips, then a skinny V cut from the end, to make the hooves
- front part of arms glued onto the front of the Real Read CS book, folding the rest to the back
- adhered the song book (see 3 options below)
- DSP layer glued onto the Whisper White CS layer
- Whisper White CS layer glued onto the front of the card base
- DSP strip glued onto the Whisper White CS for the inside
- Whisper White CS with sentiment glued onto the inside of the card base
Adhered the song book:
The bottom of the book should be even with the bottom of the reindeer body and DSP layer.
- First is the way I did in the first 2 photos above. Be aware that you will need to hand deliver this card, or send it in a box.
- back part of arms wrapped around and glued onto the back side of the reindeer body
- Second is the way I did in the bottom 3 photos above.
- 2 layers of Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals applied along the inside of the fold in the Real Red CS book
- back part of arms folded back and glued onto the card front, with the Dimensionals sticking to the reindeer body
- Third is to glue the book flat. Simply fold the back part of the arms around to the back of the book and glue the whole thing onto the card front. I would suggest applying a little ink along the spine before gluing it down, so it will still look like a book.
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase. If you are reading this post in email, the product images may not show up. Please click here to see the post on my blog.
Supply List. <— Click for a clickable and printable list of the products!
Designer Series Paper Sale!
Click the image to see the sale:
Here are some helpful links:
- October Host Code 2CDPP2XZ – receive free product!
- Shop my online store
- Designer Series Paper Sale
- Request a free catalog
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and/or daily blog updates.
- Paper Pumpkin: buy a Prepaid Subscription or subscribe month-to-month
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
- Have you shopped from me within the past year? Join my private VIP Facebook group for exclusive project tutorials and more!
- Join my team and enjoy a 20% discount (or more) on all your purchases! You choose $125 in products and pay only $99, and get free shipping! No obligation! No selling required!
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!