Welcome to the Inking Royalty Christmas 2020 Blog Hop! Today I’m sharing a faceted treat box. I love this little box, and I realized I hadn’t made one in a long time. I used the Perfectly Plaid stamp set and Wrapped in Plaid Specialty Designer Series Paper. The pearls were colored with Stampin’ Blends Markers in Dark Cherry Cobbler, Dark Night of Navy, and Dark Shaded Spruce.
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my paper trimmer and Simply Scored Tool:
- Cherry Cobbler card stock (CS) cut to 7-7/8″ x 11-1/4″
- scored the Cherry Cobbler CS along the short side at 2-1/2″, 4-5/8″, and 7-1/8″
- rotated the Cherry Cobbler CS 90 degrees so the skinny section is at the top, then scored only down to the second score line (cross one score line and stop at the second) at 2-1/2″, 5″, 7-1/2″, and 10″
- rotated the Cherry Cobbler CS 180 degrees, then scored only down to the first score line at 2-1/2″, 5″, 7-1/2″, and 10″
- used a ruler and stylus to score the diagonal lines as shown in the diagram
- Wrapped in Plaid Specialty Designer Series Paper (DSP) cut to 2-1/4″ x 2-1/4″
- Wrapped in Plaid Specialty Designer Series Paper (DSP) cut into 1-3/4″ strips, then cut into triangles 2″ wide (see diagram below)
- Whisper White Thick CS cut to 1-1/8″ x 3″
Stamped with the Perfectly Plaid stamp set:
- sentiment in Night of Navy ink onto the 1-1/8″ strip of Whisper White CS stamp set
Cut using the Banner Triple Punch:
- left end of the sentiment strip
Cut using the 1/2″ Circle Punch:
- finger notch in the front panel of the box
Colored using Stampin’ Write Markers:
- 1 Pearl Basic Jewel in Dark Cherry Cobbler
- 1 Pearl Basic Jewel in Dark Night of Navy
- 1 Pearl Basic Jewel in Dark Shaded Spruce
Assembled the box:
- made all cuts in the Cherry Cobbler base using Paper Snips (refer to diagram)
- burnished all the folds in the Cherry Cobbler CS base with a Bone Folder (This is much more easily done after making the cuts.)
- 8 DSP triangles glued onto the 8 triangular sides of the box (This is easier while it’s still flat, before assembling the box.)
- DSP square glued onto the lid of the box
- sentiment strip glued onto the lid of the box
- pearls applied onto the sentiment strip
- small triangular section at one end glued onto the inside of the large triangle at the opposite end (A & B on diagram)
- folded all 4 bottom flaps in, one by one, gluing them together
- put goodies in the box and closed up the top
Here’s the Inking Royalty Christmas 2020 Blog Hop:
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Sheryl Sharp at Sharp Notes by Sheryl
- Shawn de Oliveira at Shawn Stamps
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Linda Krueger at The Stamp Coach
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy <———– YOU ARE HERE!
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Robbye Hamilton at Miss Hammie’s Crafts
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase.
<– Click here for a clickable and printable list!
Here are some helpful links:
- Shop my online store
- Clearance Rack
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and daily blog updates.
- December Host Code XPGPGXXW – receive free product!
- Paper Pumpkin: buy a Prepaid Subscription or subscribe month to month
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
- Have you shopped from me within the past year? Join my private VIP Facebook group for exclusive project tutorials and more!
- Join my team and enjoy a 20% discount (or more) on all your purchases! You choose $125 in products and pay only $99, and get free shipping! No obligation! No selling required!
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!