I created today’s card for this week’s Global Design Project sketch challenge GDP158. I used the Itty Bitty Greetings stamp set and the Candy Cane Builder Punch along with the Tropical Escape Designer Series Paper to make a Christmas card in pink and green – one of my favorite holiday color combos.
Here’s the GDP158 sketch challenge:
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my Stampin’ Trimmer:
- Lemon Lime Twist card stock (CS) cut to 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, then scored in half at 4-1/4″
- Tropical Escape Designer Series Paper (DSP) cut to 5″ x 3-3/4″ (dot pattern)
- Granny Apple Green CS cut to 5-1/4″ x 2-1/2″
- Whisper White CS cut to 4″ x 1/2″
- Optional: Whisper White CS cut to 5-1/4″ x 4″ for the inside of the card
Stamped with the Itty Bitty Greetings stamp set:
- sentiment in Lemon Lime Twist ink onto the Whisper White CS strip
Cut using the 3/4″ Circle Punch:
- both ends of the sentiment strip
- NOTE: stick each end into the back of the punch down through the circle and punch
Cut using the Candy Cane Builder Punch:
- 3 candy canes from a scrap of DSP (herringbone striped pattern)
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- DSP layer glued onto the front of the card base
- candy canes glued onto the Granny Apple Green CS layer
- twine wrapped around the Granny Apple Green CS layer, and secured on the back using Tear & Tape
- another piece of twine tied in a bow aroun the first piece of twine, and secured to the Granny Apple Green CS layer using a rolled up Mini Glue Dot
- Granny Apple Green CS layer glued over the DSP layer
- sentiment adhered over the twine using Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Optional: Whisper White CS glued onto the inside of the card base
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase.
Here are the new Stamparatus Accessories!
You can now order individual accessories for your Stamparatus! (Be sure to keep an eye out for more in the future.)
Grid paper perfectly sized to fit the Stamparatus, for precision stamp alignment every time. (50 sheets)
Additional plates allow you to have multiple stamp arrangements ready to go! (2 plates)
Extra foam mat for photopolymer stamping. (1 mat)
Stamparatus Accessories Pack includes 2 Stamparatus plates, a foam mat, and grid paper.
Stamparatus Magnets. These rare earth magnets are strong! They’re also brittle by nature, so be careful not to let them slam together. (2 magnets)
Here’s the New World Card Making Day Sale:
Select products are 10% off!
Only through October 7, 2018!
Click here to see all the sale items.
Here’s some cool stuff you should check out:
- Shop my online store
- Clearance Rack
- Click here for your free catalog.
- Join my team to get a discount on your stamping supplies!
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and daily blog updates.
- October Host Code C4ANJH44 – receive free product!
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!