I used the Gift Wrapped Bundle (Gift Wrapped stamp set and Gift Bow Builder Punch) to make today’s project. It’s a Christmas card with a surprise pop-up gift card holder inside. I also used the Label My Fancy punch, Plush Poinsettia Specialty Paper, and Playful Pets Designer Series Paper to create the wrapped gift on the front of the card. This is one of the cards we made in my November Stamp Club gathering. We used the Gift Wrapped bundle to make 3 cards, and I will share the other two here on my blog this week.
If you are reading this in email, some photos may appear blurry, or may not appear at all. Please click here to see the post on my blog.
S gift wrapped gift wrapped gift wrapped gift wrapped
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my paper trimmer:
- Garden Green card stock (CS) cut to 4-1/4″ x 11″, then scored in half at 5-1/2″
- Plush Poinsettia Specialty Paper (SP) layer cut to 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Playful Pets Designer Series Paper (DSP) strips cut to 3/4″ x 4″ and 3/4″ x 5-1/4″
- 2 pieces of Real Red CS cut to 3-3/4″ x 3-1/4″, and scored along the shorter side at 3/4″, 1-1/2″. 2-1/4″, and 3″
- Whisper White CS cut to 3-3/4″ x 3-1/2″ for the inside of the card base
Stamped with the Gift Wrapped stamp set:
- outer sentiment in Garden Green ink onto a scrap of Whisper White Thick CS
- bow in Real Red ink onto a scrap of Whisper White Thick CS
- inner sentiment in Real Red ink onto the Whisper White CS for the inside
- holly in Garden Green & Real Red beside the inner sentiment – I used Stampin’ Write Markers to color the holly stamp, then huffed on it to reactivate the ink before stamping
Cut using the Gift Bow Builder Punch:
- the bow
Cut using the Label Me Fancy Punch:
- the outer sentiment, so that it was toward the right end of the label
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base, and all the folds in the Real Red CS pieces, with a Bone Folder
- DSP strips adhered onto the SP layer using Stampin’ Seal
- SP layer adhered onto the front of the card base using Stampin’ Seal applied behind the DSP strips so they don’t show through the SP
- bow adhered onto the intersection of the DSP strips using Stampin’ Dimensionals
- outer sentiment adhered below the bow using Stampin’ Seal
- the 1/4″ section of each Real Red CS piece glued onto the inside of the opposite side, to form two skinny open-ended boxes
- one of the Real Red boxes glued into the corner of the inside of the card base, putting glue along the back and bottom sides of the box
- second Real Red box glued in front of the first one, putting glue along the bottom side of the box
- the two boxes glued together only at the very ends, leaving space between them for the gift card to be tucked down into
- Whisper White CS with inner sentiment glued onto the inside of the card base, in front of the Real Red boxes
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase. If you are reading this post in email, the product images may not show up. Please click here to see the post on my blog.
Supply List. <— Click for a clickable and printable list of the products!
Here are some helpful links:
- November Host Code T9TNBY67 – receive free product!
- Shop my online store
- Shop the new Curvy Celebrations here!!!
- Request a free catalog
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and/or daily blog updates.
- Paper Pumpkin: buy a Prepaid Subscription or subscribe month-to-month
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
- Have you shopped from me within the past year? Join my private VIP Facebook group for exclusive project tutorials and more!
- Join my team and enjoy a 20% discount (or more) on all your purchases! You choose $125 in products and pay only $99, and get free shipping! No obligation! No selling required!
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!