For today’s cards, I used the Sweetest Time Bundle (Sweetest Time stamp set and Sweetest Border Dies) to make just the sweetest Bermuda Bay & Granny Apple Green Christmas holiday card. These may not seem like very traditional Christmas colors, but I think they work, don’t you? I got my inspiration from a card on page 73 of the August – December 2020 Mini Catalog.
If you are reading this in email, some photos may appear blurry, or may not appear at all. Please click here to see the post on my blog.
S Sweetest Bermuda Sweetest Bermuda Sweetest Bermuda Sweetest Bermuda
Here’s what I made:
I made two different cards. They have different sentiments, and the holly leaves and pine sprigs are colored differently. Which do you like better?
Here’s how I made the Sweetest Bermuda Bay & Granny Apple Green card:
Cut and scored with my paper trimmer:
- Whisper White Thick card stock (CS) cut to 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, then scored in half at 4-1/4″
- Whisper White Thick CS layer cut to 5-1/2″ x 3″
Stamped with the Sweetest Time stamp set:
- sentiment in Bermuda Bay ink onto a scrap of Whisper White Thick CS (I used a different sentiment on each of the two cards. I used the same color ink, and the same die to cut both.)
- candles in Bermuda Bay ink onto a scrap of Whisper White Thick CS
- candle flames in So Saffron ink
- NOTE: On one I stamped the flames on the same CS as the candles, then fussy cut around them. On the other one, I fussy cut only the candles and adhered them onto the card, then stamped the flames above them, which I found to be much easier.
Cut using the Sweetest Borders Dies:
- the Whisper White Thick CS layer using the holly border die
- 2 holly leaves and a pine sprig from a scrap of Whisper White Thick CS
Cut using the Stitched So Sweetly Dies:
Cut using Paper Snips:
- the 3 candles
Colored using Sponge Daubers:
- all die cuts in Bermuda Bay and Granny Apple Green inks
- NOTE: I made two cards. On one I colored all the holly in Bermuda Bay and the pine sprigs in Granny Apple Green. On the other one I did the opposite.
Colored using a Stampin’ Blends Marker:
- white ribbon in Light Bermuda Bay
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- ribbon adhered onto the layer using Stampin’ Seal+, wrapping the ends around to the back of the layer
- 3 candles glued onto the front of the card base, overlapping them slightly
- die cut holly layer glued onto the front of the card base, over the candles, and lining up the bottom edges
- sentiment glued over the holly layer, hiding the bottoms of the candle (On one I glued the sentiment, and on the other one I adhered it using Stampin’ Dimensionals.)
- individual holly leaves and pine sprig glued onto the sentiment
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase. If you are reading this post in email, the product images may not show up. Please click here to see the post on my blog.
Supply List. <— Click for a clickable and printable list of the products!
Designer Series Paper Sale!
Here are some helpful links:
- October Host Code 2CDPP2XZ – receive free product!
- Shop my online store
- Designer Series Paper Sale
- Request a free catalog
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and/or daily blog updates.
- Paper Pumpkin: buy a Prepaid Subscription or subscribe month-to-month
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
- Have you shopped from me within the past year? Join my private VIP Facebook group for exclusive project tutorials and more!
- Join my team and enjoy a 20% discount (or more) on all your purchases! You choose $125 in products and pay only $99, and get free shipping! No obligation! No selling required!
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!