I used the Sweetest Borders Dies and Sweetest Time stamp set along with ribbon and pearls to make this sweet holiday card. I used Petal Pink and Soft Sea Foam instead of the more traditional red and darker green, for a subtler nod to the holidays. It also just happens to be one of my favorite color combos.
If you are reading this in email, some photos may appear blurry, or may not appear at all. Please click here to see the post on my blog.
S Sweetest Borders Sweetest Borders Sweetest Borders Sweetest Borders
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my paper trimmer:
- Petal Pink card stock (CS) cut to 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, then scored in half at 4-1/4″
- Soft Sea Foam CS layer cut to 5-1/2″ x 4-1/4″
- Whisper White CS layer cut to 4-1/4″ x 1-1/2″
- Soft Sea Foam CS layer cut to 4″ x 1-1/4″
- Petal Pink CS layer cut to 3-3/4″ x 1″
- Whisper White CS layer cut to 3-1/2″ x 3/4″ for the sentiment
- Whisper White CS cut to 5-1/4″ x 4″ for the inside of the card base
Stamped with the Sweetest Time stamp set:
- sentiment in Soft Sea Foam ink onto the smallest Whisper White CS strip
- holly leaves in Soft Sea Foam ink, and berries in Petal Pink ink, onto the Whisper White CS for the inside
Cut using the Sweetest Borders Dies:
- bottom edge of the largest Soft Sea Foam CS layer using the holly border die
- NOTE: I kept the two largest holly berry circles that came out of the die cut
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- ribbon adhered onto the top part of the die cut Soft Sea Foam CS layer using Stampin’ Seal +, wrapping the ends around to the back
- die cut Soft Sea Foam CS layer glued onto the front of the card base, lining up the top edges
- 2 saved Soft Sea Foam CS circles glued into their holes in the center of the die cut area
- sentiment glued onto the Petal Pink CS layer
- Petal Pink CS layer glued onto the small Soft Sea Foam CS layer
- small Soft Sea Foam CS layer glued onto the larger Whisper White CS layer
- larger Whisper White CS layer adhered onto the die cut Soft Sea Foam CS layer, over the ribbon, using Stampin’ Dimensionals
- a second piece of ribbon tied in a bow around the first ribbon, to the left of the sentiment
- pearls applied over the “berries” in the die cut. I used 5 small, 10 medium, and 2 large pearls. The 2 large ones are on the filled in circles. You could leave out the saved circles, and let the 2 large pearls have a Petal Pink ring around them.
- Whisper White CS with stamped holly glued onto the inside of the card base
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase. If you are reading this post in email, the product images may not show up. Please click here to see the post on my blog.
Supply List. <— Click for a clickable and printable list of the products!
Designer Series Paper Sale!
Here are some helpful links:
- October Host Code 2CDPP2XZ – receive free product!
- Shop my online store
- Designer Series Paper Sale
- Request a free catalog
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and/or daily blog updates.
- Paper Pumpkin: buy a Prepaid Subscription or subscribe month-to-month
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
- Have you shopped from me within the past year? Join my private VIP Facebook group for exclusive project tutorials and more!
- Join my team and enjoy a 20% discount (or more) on all your purchases! You choose $125 in products and pay only $99, and get free shipping! No obligation! No selling required!
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!