Today I’m sharing a Treat Holder that holds 5 Andes Mints. This is one of the projects we made this weekend at our Candy Hearts team meeting. I was inspired by the little treat holders on page 26 of the August – December 2020 Mini Catalog.
If you are reading this in email, some photos may appear blurry, or may not appear at all. Please click here to see the post on my blog.
S Treat Holder Treat Holder Treat Holder Treat Holder
Here’s what I made:
Wink of Stella can add so much to a project, but it seems almost impossible to photograph. Here are a couple of feeble attempts at getting it to show in a photo. It’s much more visible in person, but without being too glitzy.
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my paper trimmer:
- Poppy Parade card stock (CS) cut to 2-5/8″ x 2-1/4″, then scored 1/2″ from all four sides
- strip of Poppy Parade CS cut to 1/2″ x 5″ (feel free to make this longer if you wish)
Cut using Paper Snips:
- one score line at each corner, to create a flap at each corner
Cut using the Home Together Dies:
- 2 houses from a scrap of Trimming the Town Designer Series Paper (DSP)
- 2 houses from a scrap of Poppy Parade CS
Colored using Clear Wink of Stella:
- windows of both DSP houses (allow to dry thoroughly before handling)
Assembled the treat holder:
- burnished the folds in the base with a Bone Folder
- corner flaps glued onto the inside of the adjacent sides, to form the open top box
- ran a Bone Folder along the 1/2″ strip, like you would do to curl ribbon, to soften the fibers (This is so it will curve and not bend.)
- one end of the strip glued to the inside of one of the shorter sides of the box
- opposite end of the strip glued to the inside of the opposite short side of the box
- each die cut DSP house glued onto a die cut Poppy Parade CS house
- one house glued onto the outside of each end of the box, only putting along the bottom where it meets the side of the box and a little up the center where it meets the handle
- This will hold 5 Andes Mints perfectly.
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase. If you are reading this post in email, the product images may not show up. Please click here to see the post on my blog.
Supply List. <— Click for a clickable and printable list of the products!
Two ways to save in September!
Buy the Starter Kit and receive even more! It’s already the best deal: $99 for $125 in product of your choice plus Free shipping! In September you will also receive the Queen Anne’s Lace stamp set, the So Much Love stamp set, Rhinestone Basic Jewels, and 16 precut card kits! Wow! This is the perfect time to work on your wish list of Stampin’ Up! products! CLICK HERE for more details.
Buy the new Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine (standard size) from me by September 30 and I will give you a Magnetic Cutting Plate FREE! You’ll save almost $30! CLICK HERE for more details and to order.
Mystery Stamping Party!
Go ahead and click the image above to join the Facebook group now. A few days before the party I will post what you will need to complete the mystery card. On September 23 at 8:00pm ET, I will begin posting clues you can follow to create the card. We’ll also have games and prizes! And it’s all FREE!
World Card Making Day 2020:
- Join me for an afternoon of Bingo, cardmaking, prizes, and fun!
- October 3 at 2:00 pm ET
- See details and register HERE by September 25
- $25 (extra Bingo cards available for $5 each)
- Tell your friends! The more people who register, the bigger the prizes!
Here are some helpful links:
- September Host Code YPXPD4Q2 – receive free product!
- Shop my online store
- Request a free catalog
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and/or daily blog updates.
- Paper Pumpkin: buy a Prepaid Subscription or subscribe month-to-month
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
- Have you shopped from me within the past year? Join my private VIP Facebook group for exclusive project tutorials and more!
- Join my team and enjoy a 20% discount (or more) on all your purchases! You choose $125 in products and pay only $99, and get free shipping! No obligation! No selling required!
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!