Welcome to the Home Decor SU Style Blog Hop October 2020! This month we’re featuring home decor items you can give as a gift. I made a framed Halloween sampler featuring the Ghoulish Goodies stamp set and the Magic in This Night Designer Series Paper, along with Everything Essential stamp set, Hallows Night Magic stamp set, Ornate Frames Dies, and Halloween Magic Dies. While I thought I ordered a black 12×12 frame, a white one came instead. I didn’t have time to get another one, so please try to imagine this in a black frame. Thanks!
Please be sure to hop around to all the stops, to see all the projects this group has made for you today. You will find the list below.
If you are reading this in email, some photos may appear blurry, or may not appear at all. Please click here to see the post on my blog.
S Style Blog Hop October 2020 Style Blog Hop October 2020 Style Blog Hop October 2020 Style Blog Hop October 2020
Here’s what I made:
I don’t know why I thought this was a tree, when it is clearly a branch with a bat hanging from it. I’m going to try to pull this piece off and rotate it 90 degrees, but I was afraid to try it before I took the photos. By the way, I love how the metallic Mesh Ribbon over the Basic Gray background looks like cobwebs.
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my paper trimmer:
- Basic Black card stock (CS) layers cut 3-1/2″ x 3-1/2″ (9 pieces)
- Magic in This Night Designer Series Paper (DSP) layers cut to 3″ x 3″ (8 different patterns)
- Basic Gray CS layer cut to 3-1/2″ x 3-1/2″
- Pretty Peacock CS layer cut to 1-7/8″ x 1-7/8″
- Basic Gray CS layer cut to 2″ x 2″ (2 pieces)
- Blackberry Bliss CS layer cut to 1-5/8″ x 1-5/8″
Stamped with the Ghoulish Goodies stamp set in black Memento ink *:
- branch onto the Pretty Peacock CS layer
- cat onto a scrap of Whisper White CS
- raven in cage onto a 2″ Basic Gray CS layer
- vampire onto a scrap of Basic Gray CS
- witch onto the Blackberry Bliss CS layer
Stamped using the Everything Essential stamp set *:
- house in black Memento ink onto the other 2″ Basic Gray CS layer
* For all the images with solid areas, I used the Stamparatus so I could stamp multiple times, to make sure I got good solid coverage.
Stamped using the Hallows Night Magic stamp set:
- spider in black Memento ink onto a scrap of Rich Razzleberry CS
- sentiment in Versamark onto a scrap of Basic Black CS, then heat embossed in white
Cut using the Ornate Frames Dies:
- cat and vampire using the same die
- two frames from a scrap of Basic Black CS for the cat and vampire
- two frames from a scrap of Basic Black CS for the sentiment
- sentiment – The sentiment is longer than the die, so I cut the strip to 7/8″, then die cut one end at a time. I lined up the die with one end of the sentiment and covered only that end with the top cutting plate. Then did the same thing on the other end.
Cut using the Halloween Magic Dies:
Colored using Stampin’ Blends Markers:
- eyes of cat in Granny Apple Green
- cat’s nose in Smoky Slate
- cat’s collar in Blackberry Bliss
- background of cat in Pretty Peacock
- 2 rhinestones in Granny Apple Green
- 2 rhinestones in Blackberry Bliss
- the DSP layer with bats in Blackberry Bliss (I started by coloring just the bats, but I could see where the ink got on the black background, so I colored the entire layer.)
Embossed the moon:
- colored the moon using a Stampin’ Blends Marker dipped in Versamark ink, then heat embossed it in white
- NOTE: this moon is on the top left layer
Embossed using the Cobweb 3D Embossing Folder:
- 3″ Basic Gray CS layer
Inked using a Stampin’ Sponge:
- edges of all layers (except the Basic Black CS ones) in black Memento ink
- front of Basic Gray CS layer in black Memento ink, very lightly just to accentuate the embossed cobweb
- NOTE: I cut each sponge into 8 wedges, so they go much farther
Assembled the card:
- cat and vampire glued onto their die cut frames
- sentiment glued onto one frame, lining up one end
- second frame glued onto the back of the sentiment, lining it up with the other end
- Here it is from the back:
- Metallic Mesh Ribbon adhered onto a 12″ x 12″ piece of Basic Gray CS, so it will show between the layers and around the edges, using Tear & Tape
- 3-1/2″ Basic Black CS layers adhered onto the Basic Gray background, over the ribbon, using Stampin’ Seal
- 3″ layers adhered onto the Basic Black CS layers using Black Stampin’ Dimensionals
- all remaining pieces adhered onto their respective 3″ layers using Black Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Granny Apple Green rhinestones applied onto the cat’s eyes using my Take Your Pick tool
- Blackberry Bliss rhinestones applied onto the spider (to approximate an hourglass, like a black widow spider) using my Take Your Pick tool
Here’s the Home Decor SU Style Blog Hop October 2020:
Here are today’s main colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase. If you are reading this post in email, the product images may not show up. Please click here to see the post on my blog.
Supply List. <— Click for a clickable and printable list of the products!
Only 4 Day Left to Take Advantage of the Designer Series Paper Sale!
Here are some helpful links:
- October Host Code 2CDPP2XZ – receive free product!
- Shop my online store
- Designer Series Paper Sale
- Request a free catalog
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and/or daily blog updates.
- Paper Pumpkin: buy a Prepaid Subscription or subscribe month-to-month
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
- Have you shopped from me within the past year? Join my private VIP Facebook group for exclusive project tutorials and more!
- Join my team and enjoy a 20% discount (or more) on all your purchases! You choose $125 in products and pay only $99, and get free shipping! No obligation! No selling required!
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!