I wish I could remember where I first saw this idea. I think it’s been done many times, but not by me, so thought, you know, it was about time. You simply cut out a butterfly, dragonfly, or similar critter, and adhere a long skinny (wrapped) candy to the body. I cut these out of assorted colors of card stock, and I even cut one from a piece of Designer Series Paper. I do think the card stock ones hold up better. I used the Butterflies Thinlits Dies and Detailed Dragonfly Thinlits Dies.
Regarding colors, use whichever colors go with your particular party. I used the ones here because they were in the Designer Series Paper I used for other party projects.
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Die cut using the Butterflies Thinlits:
- large butterflies from assorted card stock colors
Die cut using the Detailed Dragonfly Thinlits:
- large dragonflies from assorted card stock colors
NOTE: I used the Precision Base Plate with the Big Shot to get good, clean cuts from these detailed dies. Do not use this plate with Framelits Dies (open ones that cut around a shape.)
Assembled the treats:
- used Tear & Tape to adhere candies to the bodies of the butterflies and dragonflies
- I folded the Tear & Tape in half to fit onto the skinny bodies of the critters. I folded it in half first, then removed it from the backing.
- I used Smarties here. The long straws full of flavored sugar (I can’t remember what they’re called.) work well, too! Adhere the critters to one end of the straw, then they have a “handle.”
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase.
Swatch Books & Product Shares
Order by May 31 to receive them early- to mid-June.
Click here for details and to order!
Here’s some stuff you should know:
- Want to order products from the new catalog now? There are two ways.
- Retiring products available through May 31 or while supplies last.
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and daily blog updates
- My Class Calendar
- May Host Code SWA494STR
- Get my FREE Gift for May
- Earn Gumball Rewards
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!