Today’s card is one we made at my February Stamp Club gathering. We made cards featuring products from the Sand & Sea Suite Collection: Friends Are Like Seashells Bundle (Friends Are Like Seashells stamp set & Seaside Seashells Dies – say that three times fast!) and Sand & Sea Designer Series Paper. I’m calling this a pieced card, but I guess it’s more of a rearranged card. The large die I used cuts out the shells and kelp all attached in one piece. I cut them apart and arranged them as you see them below.
If you are reading this in email, some photos may appear blurry, or may not appear at all. Please click here to see the post on my blog.
S Seashells Seashells Seashells Seashells
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my paper trimmer:
- Seaside Spray card stock (CS) cut to 4-1/4″ x 11″, then scored in half at 5-1/2″
- Sand & Sea Designer Series Paper (DSP) layer cut to 4″ x 5-1/4″
- DSP (same pattern) cut to 4″ x 3/4″
- Basic White CS cut to 4″ x 5-1/4″ for the inside of the card base
Cut using the Seaside Seashells Dies:
- a piece of Basic White Thick CS using the largest die
Stamped with the Friends are Like Seashells stamp set:
- die cut seashells in Flirty Flamingo, Melon Mambo, Blushing Bride, and So Saffron
- sentiment onto the largest shell in Tuxedo Black Memento ink
Cut using the Paper Snips:
- fussy cut the individual seashells from the die cut
Colored using a wedge of a Stampin’ Sponge:
- remaining bits of die cut (kelp) in Granny Apple Green ink
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- DSP layer glued onto the front of the card base
- arranged shells and kelp on the DSP layer to see where I wanted them, then began gluing on the kelp and a couple shells
- adhered remaining shells using Stampin’ Dimensionals, with the sentiment in front
- DSP strip glued onto the Basic White CS for the inside, along the bottom edge
- Basic White CS glued onto the inside of the card base (Oops, I forgot to photograph the inside.)
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase. If you are reading this post in email, the product images may not show up. Please click here to see the post on my blog.
Supply List. <— Click for a clickable and printable list of the products!
Hey Chick is here!
The Hey Chick stamp set from 2017 Sale-a-bration was so popular, Stampin’ Up! has brought it back. But that’s not all! Now there are coordinating dies. AND there’s a second stamp set, Hey Birthday Chick, that also has coordinating dies. CLICK HERE to see them all. One thing though – they’re available for a limited time, so get them while you can!
Basic White is here!
The facility that manufactures Whisper White paper is closed due to COVID-19. But don’t fret. The new Basic White products are here!
- 8-1/2″ X 11″ Cardstock (159276)
- 8-1/2″ X 11″ Thick Cardstock (159229)
- 12″ X 12″ (30.5 X 30.5 CM) Cardstock (159231)
- Medium Envelopes (159236)
- Note Cards & Envelopes (159232)
- 3″ X 3″ (7.6 X 7.6 CM) Envelopes (159233)
- Assorted Memories & More Cards & Envelopes (159234)
Here are some helpful links:
- February Host Code UQDYRC42 – receive free product!
- Shop my online store
- Shop the Clearance Rack
- Request a free catalog
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and/or daily blog updates.
- Paper Pumpkin: buy a Prepaid Subscription or subscribe month to month
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
- Have you shopped from me within the past year? Join my private VIP Facebook group for exclusive project tutorials and more!
- Join my team and enjoy a 20% discount (or more) on all your purchases! You choose $125 in products and pay only $99, and get free shipping! No obligation! No selling required!
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!