Today I’m sharing a card I designed as one of the Make & Takes for our August Candy Hearts team meeting. I used the Poinsettia Place Suite Collection to create this double gate-fold card. At 3″ wide, it’s skinnier than the usual 4-1/4″, but that leaves room for the sprigs to hang off the edge. It will still fit into the standard medium envelope. The poinsettia was die cut from the Poinsettia Place Designer Series Paper, and glued onto a piece of card stock that was cut with the same die. That’s to make it sturdier, since half of it hangs off the layer.
If you are reading this in email, some photos may appear blurry, or may not appear at all. Please click here to see the post on my blog.
S Poinsettia Place Poinsettia Place Poinsettia Place Poinsettia Place
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my paper trimmer:
- Old Olive card stock (CS) cut to 5-1/2″ x 9″, then scored at 1-1/2″ 3″, 6″, and 7-1/2″”
- Soft Suede CS layers cut to 1-3/8″ x 5-3/8″ (2 pieces)
- Old Olive card stock layers cut to 1-1/4″ x 5-1/4″ (2 pieces)
- Very Vanilla CS cut to 2-3/4″ x 5-1/4″ for the inside of the card base
Stamped with the Poinsettia Petals stamp set:
- sentiment in Soft Suede ink onto the Very Vanilla CS
Cut using the Poinsettia Dies:
- flower from a piece of Poinsettia Place Designer Series Paper (DSP)
- scrap of Old Olive CS using the same poinsettia die
- 3 sprigs from a scrap of Soft Suede CS
Embossed using the Greenery Embossing Folder:
- both Old Olive CS layers
Assembled the card:
- burnished the folds in the card base with a Bone Folder
- Soft Suede CS layers glued onto the two outer most sections of the card base
- Old Olive CS layers glued onto the Soft Suede CS layers
- Soft Suede CS sprigs glued onto the Old Olive CS layer on the left
- DSP poinsettia glued onto the Old Olive CS die cut in the same shape
- only the left part of the Old Olive poinsettia glued onto the Old Olive CS layer on the left, covering the bases of the sprigs
- Very Vanilla CS glued onto the center section of the card base
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase. If you are reading this post in email, the product images may not show up. Please click here to see the post on my blog.
Supply List. <— Click for a clickable and printable list of the products!
Use your Bonus Days coupons by August 31!
Click the image below to shop now and use your Bonus Days coupons!
Here are some helpful links:
- August Host Code 49HQDVHS – receive free product!
- Shop my online store
- Request a free catalog
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and/or daily blog updates.
- Paper Pumpkin: buy a Prepaid Subscription or subscribe month-to-month
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
- Have you shopped from me within the past year? Join my private VIP Facebook group for exclusive project tutorials and more!
- Join my team and enjoy a 20% discount (or more) on all your purchases! You choose $125 in products and pay only $99, and get free shipping! No obligation! No selling required!
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!