Whether it’s a warm cup of coffee or hot cocoa, nothing says Happy Holidays like sharing a warm cuppa with someone special. This is a card for someone extra special in your life. The triple cube card if very popular right now. I decided to change it up a little by having it a full 5-1/2″ tall, instead of the 4″ tall ones I’ve seen. I realize the height doesn’t technically make it a “cube,” but I’m calling it a cube anyway. The base itself is really easy to put together. I used 3 patterns of Designer Series Paper from the Heartwarming Hugs Designer Series Paper. With all the different paper elements, I didn’t feel the need for any embellishments. What do you think?
If you are reading this in email, some photos may appear blurry, or may not appear at all. Please click here to see the post on my blog.
S warm warm warm warm
Here’s what I made:
It folds flat to fit into a Whisper White Medium Envelope! When folded flat, the card is 4″ x 51/2″. You can see I have a cup sticking out just a little bit on one side. This is okay because the card is 4″ wide instead of the regular 4-1/4″. But be aware of your placement, so you don’t have any thing sticking out too far.
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my Paper Trimmer & Simply Scored Tool:
- Pear Pizzazz card stock (CS) cut to 8-1/4″ x 5-1/2″. then scored at 2″, 4″, 6″, and 8″
- 2 pieces of Pear Pizzazz CS cut to 2″ x 8-1/4″, and scored at 2″, 4″, 6″, and 8″
- 2 Heartwarming Hugs Designer Series Paper pattern 1 (DSP-1) layers cut to 1-7/8″ x 3-3/8″
- 4 DSP-1 layers cut to 1-7/8″ x 1-7/8″
- 6 DSP-2 layers cut to 1-7/8″ x 1-7/8″
- 2 Whisper White CS layers cut to 1-7/8” x 5-3/8”
- 2 Real Red CS strips cut to 1/2″ x 2″, and scored in half at 1″
- 1/4″ strips of Pear Pizzazz CS cut as follows:
- 1 piece cut to 3-1/2″ long, and scored at 1″, 1-1/2”, 2-1/2”, and 3”
- 1 piece cut to 3-1/4″, and scored at 1″, 1-3/8″, 2-3/8″, and 2-3/4″
- 2 pieces cut to 3” long and scored at 1”, 1-1/4”, 2-1/4”, and 2-1/2”
- 1 piece cut to 2-3/4” and scored at 1”, 1-1/8”, 2-1/8”, and 2-1/4”
Stamped with the Warm Hugs stamp set:
- the 2 donut-shaped sentiments in Real Red ink onto a scrap of Whisper White Thick CS
Stamped with the Wrapped in Christmas stamp set:
- the two round sentiments in Real Red ink onto a scrap of Whisper White Thick CS
- “NOEL” in Real Red ink onto a scrap of Whisper White Thick CS
Stamped with the Press On stamp set:
- largest cup in Mossy Meadow ink onto a scrap of Whisper White Thick CS (5 of them)
- largest cup in Mossy Meadow ink onto a scrap of DSP-3 (5 of them)
Cut using the Warm Wraps Dies:
- the 2 donut-shaped sentiments
Cut using the Ornate Frames Dies:
- a scrap of Real Red CS to frame “NOEL”
Cut using the Layering Circles Dies:
- the two round sentiments
Cut using Paper Snips:
- the 5 Whisper White Thick CS cups
- only cup wraps from the 5 DSP 3 cups
Colored using the a Stampin’ Write Marker:
- “NOEL” in Pear Pizzazz
Assembled the base:
- burnished all the folds in the three large Pear Pizzazz CS pieces with a Bone Folder
- burnished the folds in the 2 Real Red CS strips with a Bone Folder
- 1/4″ section of the largest piece of Pear Pizzazz CS glued onto the inside of the opposite side, to create a tall, open ended “cube”
- 1/4″ section of both of the smaller Pear Pizzazz CS pieces glued onto the inside of the opposite side, to create 2 smaller, open ended “cubes”
- small cubes glued onto two adjacent sides of the tall cube, at the bottom
- 4 of the DSP-2 layers glued onto the back and bottom inside of the two small cubes
- remaining 2 DSP-2 layers glued onto the inside of the tall cube, on the 2 back sides, so you can see them when looking down from the front
- 2 larger DSP-1 layers glued onto the tall cube above the small cubes
- 4 remaining DSP-1 layers glued onto the top and front of the small cubes
- Whisper White CS layers glued onto the 2 back sides of the tall cube
- NOEL glued onto the Real Red CD die cut
- one half of each Real Red CS strip glued onto the back of the Real Red die cut, with the fold lines meeting in the middle, so the other halves of the strips stuck out in a V-shape
- glued the V-shape onto the corner between the two small cubes, on half of the V on each cube
- round sentiments glued onto the fronts of the 2 small cubes
- donut-shaped sentiments glued onto the 2 front sides of the tall cube, near the top
Attached the cups:
- burnished all the folds in the 5 Pear Pizzazz CS strips with a Bone Folder
- one DSP-3 cup wrap glued onto each Whisper White Thick CS cup
- 1/2″ section at one end of the 1/4″ Pear Pizzazz CS strips glued onto the 1″ section at the other end, to create tiny open rectangles
- a long side of one rectangle glued onto the back of each cup, vertically, making sure the bottom/short side is even with the bottom of the cup
- cup with 1/8″ thick rectangle glued onto the the top of the left small cube, gluing the bottom side to the small cube, and the back side to the tall cube
- 3/8″ thick rectangle cup glued the same way to the left of the first cup, so it sticks out farther
- 1/4″ rectangle cup glued onto the front of the second cup, with its bottom glued onto the top of the small cube
- the other cup with a 1/4″ rectangle glued onto the cube on the right, the same way as the others
- cup with the 1/2″ rectangle glued onto the top of the small cube on the right, with the back glued to the tall cube, so it sticks out farther than the previous cup
- NOTE: It’s best to let the glue dry completely, to make sure the cups stay in position when the card is folded flat, especially the bottoms.
I drew white lines on this photo to highlight one of the Read Red CS strips on the back of the NOEL sentiment. One half of the strip is glued onto the cube and the other half is glued onto the back of the sentiment. The other strip is glued on the same way on the other side. This is how to attach the flat piece onto the corner:
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase. If you are reading this post in email, the product images may not show up. Please click here to see the post on my blog.
Supply List. <— Click for a clickable and printable list of the products!
Two ways to save in September!
Buy the Starter Kit and receive even more! It’s already the best deal: $99 for $125 in product of your choice plus Free shipping! In September you will also receive the Queen Anne’s Lace stamp set, the So Much Love stamp set, Rhinestone Basic Jewels, and 16 precut card kits! Wow! This is the perfect time to work on your wish list of Stampin’ Up! products! CLICK HERE for more details.
Buy the new Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine (standard size) from me by September 30 and I will give you a Magnetic Cutting Plate FREE! You’ll save almost $30! CLICK HERE for more details and to order.
Mystery Stamping Party!
Go ahead and click the image above to join the Facebook group now. A few days before the party I will post what you will need to complete the mystery card. On September 23 at 8:00pm ET, I will begin posting clues you can follow to create the card. We’ll also have games and prizes! And it’s all FREE!
World Card Making Day 2020:
- Join me for an afternoon of Bingo, cardmaking, prizes, and fun!
- October 3 at 2:00 pm ET
- See details and register HERE by September 25
- $25 (extra Bingo cards available for $5 each)
- Tell your friends! The more people who register, the bigger the prizes!
Here are some helpful links:
- September Host Code YPXPD4Q2 – receive free product!
- Shop my online store
- Request a free catalog
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and/or daily blog updates.
- Paper Pumpkin: buy a Prepaid Subscription or subscribe month-to-month
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
- Have you shopped from me within the past year? Join my private VIP Facebook group for exclusive project tutorials and more!
- Join my team and enjoy a 20% discount (or more) on all your purchases! You choose $125 in products and pay only $99, and get free shipping! No obligation! No selling required!
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!